• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Zeliard

dfyb said:
the power symbol isn't going to signify a specific platform -- it's on every platform. think more along the lines of

"power"
"on"

Yeah, but the fact that it's all in green IS odd. That's the signature color of the PS3's main competitor.

AmMortal

Banned
Wollan said:
'Kojima and me (art lead) are huge Apple fans' from the documentary included with MGS4.

iPod in MGS4.

MGS for iPhone/iPod touch then.

Dammit Wollan!

Stop taking my ideas, so that GAF takes heed of it, when it comes out of your more famous presence!

dfyb

Banned
Zeliard said:
Yeah, but the fact that it's all in green IS odd. That's the signature color of the PS3's main competitor.
i have a shirt that has a green power symbol -- got it years before 360 came out. green is the universal 'on' color. it's also the universal digital color.

Shahadan

It's green and they obviously knew what we were gonna think. Either it's really mgs 360 or they're just playing with us (well, you, I don't care)

Stink

AmMortal said:
Dammit Wollan!

Stop taking my ideas, so that GAF takes heed of it, when it comes out of your more famous presence!

hey dood, what's the power symbol for? iPhone doesn't have this symbol on hardware or software.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jonnyram said:
The PS3's is printed white and never changes colour.
The Wii's also doesn't change colour, because it's printed and not part of the LED.

Plenty people are praying it is not a 360 game, I see.
I'm not saying it is or isn't anything, but people are looking at that and going, "Oh, it's the Wii's power symbol!" It's everything's power symbol.

Sooooo this thread is filled with anticipation for sdf meltdowns.. but the usual suspects for other systems are posting here the most salivating at the chance of a port. Interesting...

Jonnyram said:
The PS3's is printed white and never changes colour.
The Wii's also doesn't change colour, because it's printed and not part of the LED.

Plenty people are praying it is not a 360 game, I see.
Personally I don't mind games going multiplatform its the idiots that aren't even going to play it that cheer cause they feel they won something is what annoys me.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
'Kojima and me (art lead) are huge Apple fans' from the documentary included with MGS4.

iPod in MGS4.

MGS for iPhone/iPod touch then.

i can see the itune ad style thing now.

Silohetted old snake running around, but his tash stand out white.

(C) DCHARLIE DEC 2008 !!!!

"Oh, it's the Wii's power symbol!" It's everything's power symbol.

why choose the colour green? i'm not even sure it's the X360 version at all either, but the colour choice is interesting.

Kojima is on record as saying that he wanted to "save the PS3" , and i'm pretty sure his next game is NOT another MGS4, so i assume - yeah - DS/phone/DLC.

I've played MGS4 though of course, so i guess DLC would be fine.

A Next Metal Metal Gear

A for Apple

iPhone

Ac!d

A tactical game on the iPhone using just the touch screen? That just makes too much sense when you think about all the Apple product placement in MGS4.

I know people have posted this already, but it needs to be spelled out for a lot of readers here. No one wants MGS4 on 360 more than me, but this isn't it.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

BigBoss

Y2Kev said:
Nevermind, the 12/4 posting is a day old in Japan by now. So it's not related.

The thing you posted is a Hidechan podcast you can download from the extra's section of MGS4.

AmMortal said:
Dammit Wollan!

Stand aside and the let the chaos bleed. Let it bleed into a beautiful ball of stupidity.

please 360

Awntawn

Y2Kev said:
Oh, it's MGS4 DLC I think.

MGS4専用DLC「ガンズ・オブ・ザ・ヒデチャンラジオ」本放送を開始!

guns of hideochan radio
Better be onsen nozoki sakusen missions!

Actually, I don't think that has anything to do with the announcement. The DLC is just basically like the MGS Integral that we never ended up getting outside of Japan 3;

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Dead Man Typing said:
A Next Metal Metal Gear

A for Apple

iPhone

Ac!d

A tactical game on the iPhone using just the touch screen? That just makes too much sense when you think about all the Apple product placement in MGS4.

I know people have posted this already, but it needs to be spelled out for a lot of readers here. No one wants MGS4 on 360 more than me, but this isn't it.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
Crow will be delicious.

Eteric Rice

Y2Kev said:
I'm not saying it is or isn't anything, but people are looking at that and going, "Oh, it's the Wii's power symbol!" It's everything's power symbol.

I didn't say it was the goddam Wii's power symbol. I said the center is pointing up like on the Wii, while it point's left on the 360.

Just an observation, Jesus Christ.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
duckroll said:
It's significant, trust me.

It reminds us all that Ryan has left Kojima Productions and now there are no native English speakers left there.

I never understood this... Why the hell is so much English screwed up coming out of Japan (and other Asian countries). If they have enough money to market a product (or even name it, or write on it) in English why can't they hire a translator, or just like, I dunno check their grammar with somebody who speaks proper English before they put it out there. Oh well I guess this is like all those guys getting Asian Characters as tattoos without really know what they hell they say.

Either way, one side will have epic laugh at other side whenever this is revealed.

I don't like stealth games so I'm here only for :lol.

Wollan

Stink said:
hey dood, what's the power symbol for? iPhone doesn't have this symbol on hardware or software.

Doesn't the iPod have a wheel?

ipod.jpg

clav

Extollere said:
I never understood this... Why the hell is so much English screwed up coming out of Japan (and other Asian countries). If they have enough money to market a product (or even name it, or write on it) in English why can't they hire a translator, or just like, I dunno check their grammar with somebody who speaks proper English before they put it out there. Oh well I guess this is like all those guys getting Asian Characters as tattoos without really know what they hell they say.
Hey at least they can speak it.

Try picking up an Asian language.

Narag

Byakuya769 said:
Sooooo this thread is filled with anticipation for sdf meltdowns.. but the usual suspects for other systems are posting here the most salivating at the chance of a port. Interesting...

Its to be expected and relatively uninteresting at this stage as its rarely about the game but the system . A cordial thread with people glad others would have a chance to play this game would be interesting because it'd be out of the ordinary.

TTG

I wouldn't mind seeing it on the 360, but what I really want is GT5!!!!

MS should buy polyphony out from Sony, or buy Sony... whatever it takes dammit

Lebron

MirageDwarf said:
Either way, one side will have epic laugh at other side whenever this is revealed.

I don't like stealth games so I'm here only for :lol.
that's good, since MGS4 isn't one.

*takes off*

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Cirekiller said:
Personally I don't mind games going multiplatform its the idiots that aren't even going to play it that cheer cause they feel they won something is what annoys me.

Most likely we are talking about internet kids that can only afford/only have one system. Never mind them.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
TTG said:
I wouldn't mind seeing it on the 360, but what I really want is GT5!!!!

MS should buy polyphony out from Sony, or buy Sony... whatever it takes dammit
You and me both, can't wait for GT5 to come out!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Eteric Rice said:
I didn't say it was the goddam Wii's power symbol. I said the center is pointing up like on the Wii, while it point's left on the 360.

Just an observation, Jesus Christ.

....but you can rotate the 360....and then it looks identical....

Top Bottom