• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Warnen

Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead / Hey, there, there goes the Spider-Man
Ordered my xbox one from Microsoft store, charged my CC today. Maybe xbox one shipping early?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is Kinect Sports Rival not confirmed for launch? Why does it say runs from Nov.2013 to 2014?

The preaseason is free and on launch day. I'm not sure what it all entails, but the core game is later.

Yes! Now that's the kind of gif we need to post when we're happy about something!

I just hope Major Nelson doesn't try to emulate it.

Dai101

Banned
so, which game does xbone-GAF think will be better? Ryse or DR3?

NONE. But this baybee ..

i4y6qVOg33DQG.gif

REV 09

so, which game does xbone-GAF think will be better? Ryse or DR3?
DR3 will score better. Ryse has me more intrigued though...even though it may be a dud gameplay wise. I just hope it's a decent length and that maybe the co-op turned out ok. Ryse is just gorgeous and has a ton of potential as a franchise.

I just want to leave my mark here. I will be purchasing a One no sooner than March. But oh yes I will own one. and the OP is fucking gorgeous

Bsigg12

Will the sound work though? I've always wondered.

That's what that Turtle Beach image was showing. Their new Xbox One headsets don't require a mix amp and go straight into the controller but won't be coming out until next year because the adapter isn't ready.

Ninhead

Question- does the TV stuff work with DVRs as well? Like, can I select recorded programs with voice in the same way as I would with tv, and use Netflix-style playback commands? It would be kinda silly to have to change inputs to watch recorded programs.

getting one from GameStop
and one from amazon

tone is for my brother

and I already know that my GameStop has them in

so one of my Xboxes is sitting there waiting to go home!!!

The Flash

Banned
That's what that Turtle Beach image was showing. Their new Xbox One headsets don't require a mix amp and go straight into the controller but won't be coming out until next year because the adapter isn't ready.

okay good. I was like surely the "being able to hear things" part of a 360 headset will still work. Not the chat part, I understand that, but surely I can still use my X12's to be able to hear the game.

Nicely done thread. I preordered a day one Xbox, but I still don't know which game to get. DR3 isn't multiplayer is it? I don't really care for Battlefied or COD, are there any other multiplayer games?

Hawk269

Good job OP.

Let's hope this thread is kept clean without a lot of B.S. that has plagued almost every other Xbox One Thread!

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Hawk269
Launch Games: Battlefield 4, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Need for Speed, Skylanders Swap Force

Feel free to add me to your friends list if you would like.

old

New communication port for direct 5.1.

Hell to the fuck yeah. Massive feature for us competitive gamers with good headphones.

Keyouta

The launch line-up on the Xbox is much more appealing to me than the PS4. The UI looks really sleek and clean as well. Glad this has an HDMI In since my TV only has 3 HDMI ports. Interested in Forza and KI.

However, I actually right now really want an Xbox One because of the one year of Fitness for free, but I'm not sure if I want to spend on it plus a few games! Lets say I buy one next June, do I still get one year of Xbox Fitness free or is it only until Jan 2015?

Top Bottom