• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Hardware Sales Results for February 2007

Freki

157479377_00b53b6c37_m.jpg

That's what you get if people dont want a second job!

chriskzoo said:
As GAMERS, I think we should ask ourselves this: Would we be happy if both Sony and MS went the Nintendo route and gave us cheap hardware with innovative control schemes?

No. As gamers, the smarter choice right now is to get a 360.

andthebeatgoeson

PleoMax said:
:) :lol

Hey, PSP, anytime you want to just jump on into this fight. Start closing the gap. Wait, is this what great hardware looks like w/o software sales? It's depressing. Sony is killing handheld gaming. People like to shack that stick at Nintendo but the PSP is killing software sales. Where are they?

Europe to the rescue?
I wanna buy a PS3 in Europe and just had a big argument with the wife and won to buy one, but i now have a feeling the price is gonna come down and may as well wait a short while?

Also how the hell is Wii selling with no
Animals Crossing anything
No Dogs being Nintendo'd
No Marios being super
No Brains being trained?

We have BBA and SPM in April still to come for Wii??
Surely VC is driving these sales?
LOL

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
If the Wii keeps selling 1 million units per month, how long will it take before 3rd party notice the potential this machine has?

909er

Well, despite the turbulent seas, looks like the 360 is chugging along at the same pace. It amazes me just how much the 360 never really seems to deviate, for better or for worse.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
DefectiveReject said:
Europe to the rescue?
I wanna buy a PS3 in Europe and just had a big argument with the wife and won to buy one, but i now have a feeling the price is gonna come down and may as well wait a short while?

No Dogs being Nintendo'd
No Marios being super
No Brains being trained?

LOL

Wii Sports! Wii Sports!!! I'm telling you...this is a effing KILLER AP.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wow, those PS3 numbers are low.

Hey guys, maybe they should lower the price of the PS3? I think that by lowering the price, more people will buy the system.

Also, maybe they should start releasing big games for it. Once the PS3 gets some big games that people want to buy, the sales should pick up.

Yes, I think that by doing those two things, the PS3 should pick up in sales and Sony will be back on top again.

Seriously, are people this stupid to point out the obvious again and again?

JB1981

LukeSmith said:
Watching this drama unfold is the highlight of the month.

Just like every NPD day on NeoGAF.

It hasn't really unfolded yet, though. The numbers are up but it's not like Sony fans/owners are trying to spin the numbers.

LukeSmith

sonycowboy said:
He's a big Sony fan, but he's not a bad guy. It's not like he's a consumately professional reporter.

I love Wollan, I am concerned for his well being.

Wait, is this one of those 1UP being held to higher standards posts? CAN I NOT JUST ENJOY AND PARTAKE IN THE DRAMA

X26

Banned
chriskzoo said:
As GAMERS, I think we should ask ourselves this: Would we be happy if both Sony and MS went the Nintendo route and gave us cheap hardware with innovative control schemes?

Nope. It's nice to see the Wii do so well, but the games as of yet don't appeal to me. The various mario games coming out look good, as does the new metroid...but other than that there isn't any software coming out that appeals to my tastes as of yet

Haunted

DefectiveReject said:
No Dogs being Nintendo'd
No Marios being super
No Brains being trained?

LOL
1) Wii Sports
2) Zelda
3) Wii Play

Wow at numbers. At any rate, sonycowboy, could you fix the typo in the thread title that you missed due to your haste to appease the minions of GAF? :p

sonycowboy said:
He's a big Sony fan, but he's not a bad guy. It's not like he's a consumately professional reporter.

I'm sorry for Sony, really. I'm not joking. But let me say that they searched it a little bit, because 500-600$ is a considerable part of what you earn every month and everyone can understand that.
They have not lost. But they have to low the price. NOW that the rest of Sony's sections are profitable !

Tieno

chubigans said:
Wow, those PS3 numbers are low.

Hey guys, maybe they should lower the price of the PS3? I think that by lowering the price, more people will buy the system.

Also, maybe they should start releasing big games for it. Once the PS3 gets some big games that people want to buy, the sales should pick up.

Yes, I think that by doing those two things, the PS3 should pick up in sales and Sony will be back on top again.

Seriously, are people this stupid to point out the obvious again and again?
I think Sony should drop Krazy Ken.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is it just me, or aren't the 360 numbers a tad disappointing? By all accounts Crackdown sold a ton, and it barely broke 200K. Am I being too critical? I mean its not a disaster, but it doesn't look like its going to break above 225K anytime soon. Wii's going to catch it by August at this pace..

I, for one, welcome back our Nintendo overlords. /overused joke

Seriously though, wow. PS2 is Sony's saving grace for this month imo.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
GhaleonEB said:
The PS3 is in deep, deep trouble. There is NO way to spin this.

360 is steady from last month, and up 42% from last year (when it was still constrained). Doing what it needs to do, but not gangbusters. Needs a price drop to kick it up to the next level.

Wii is a monster. DS is the monster's daddy. Just damn.

HAY GUYS THE PSP IS RAPIDLY CLOSING THE GAP
Only Monorojo can spin this disaster to good shape for Sony, they should hire him asap.

Monorojo over at ioi's site said:
I think people should more concerned with Ps2 almost beating out all 3 next gen systems.

Sony still has majority of home console market (breakdown is like 42-35-22 S-N-M) so it's obvious they still win the month, but 360 still getting beat by Ps2 and Wii most likely next month most certainly getting beat by Ps2 is great news for Sony.

raYne

LukeSmith said:
Listen guys, Wal-Mart sold A LOT of PS3s, the Wal-Marts by my house are all totally sold out, so the NPD numbers are probably only half of what Sony sold. In other news, all the Wal-Marts by my house are totally stocked with 360s.
/FortifiedConcept

LukeSmith said:
WOLLAN ARE YOU OK?
POST IF YOU ARE OK

Jesus dude... :lol

Sony's price is ****ing themselves dry while proving that loyalty means shit if you ask too much of your fanbase. Wii60 is real and it is happening.

If I'm Sony, I would seriously be courting the idea of an emergency price cut to maintain any sort of momentum they have left.

JB1981

LukeSmith said:
I love Wollan, I am concerned for his well being.

Wait, is this one of those 1UP being held to higher standards posts? CAN I NOT JUST ENJOY AND PARTAKE IN THE DRAMA

Oh, there's drama alright. But you're creating your own little personal drama as well.

Top Bottom