• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Hardware Sales Results for February 2007

PleoMax

Banned
You dumb retards.

The damm boats coming from China are slow as shit, so there's big time shortages. Not consoles on the shelfs, no consoles to sell. Ps3 did awesome taking into account they only shipped like 100K. That's right, the rest is imports, just so you know how wanted it is.

Pff

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm sure Sony is happy that they released a console PSP can beat. Finally PSP can regularly outsell a product not released 4 years ago or longer. :lol

Bog

Junior Ace
Grecco said:
Wow. Just Wow. Guess Sonic did good for the Wii

Yeah, that's true. I was at Target and there were a bunch of Wiis, but then the dude brought out the box of Sonic and within two minutes all the Wiis were gone.

Bildi

bikecrashkj3.gif

andthebeatgoeson

LukeSmith said:
I love Wollan, I am concerned for his well being.

Wait, is this one of those 1UP being held to higher standards posts? CAN I NOT JUST ENJOY AND PARTAKE IN THE DRAMA
Of course, we expect you to not laugh or show any bias. Like voting for Okami over Zelda.

kevm3

No great exclusive games on the horizon + high price tag. What did Sony expect? Is there even anything good coming out for PS3 next month that isn't on 360?

The GAMES Sony... Where are the GAMES?

Home and Little Big Planet were nice, but Sony made a stupid move giving all of the media for their upcoming games such as Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted exclusively to print magazines.

D O W N

See? SEE?!
Sony should have just thrown in the damned HDMI cable...:lol

Can't wait to see s/w sales- Crackdown and Wii 3rd party in particular.

Haunted

LukeSmith said:
CAN I NOT JUST ENJOY AND PARTAKE IN THE DRAMA
Be my guest.

LM0152~Hot-Buttered-Popcorn-Posters.jpg

Price drop imminent? Can Sony even drop the price anytime in the future? Man oh man, I think we won't see a press release from Sony this time.

I doubt Sony could get away charging that much for even a system with a library as good as the PS2's. This is a good thing imo; I've liked both PS1 and PS2 but the PS3 is overpriced and Sony has been focusing on the wrong things. If they don't change their views they deserve to fail.

X26

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I love Wollan, I am concerned for his well being.

Wait, is this one of those 1UP being held to higher standards posts? CAN I NOT JUST ENJOY AND PARTAKE IN THE DRAMA

Well your personal attacks on people are kind of pathetic, it's as if I were to mention the fact that you greatly resemble Entertianment Tonight's very own Steven Cojocaru

cojo.jpg

u_neek

PleoMax said:
You dumb retards.

blabla..

Ps3 did awesome taking into account they only shipped like 100K. That's right, the rest is imports, just so you know how wanted it is.
Your mom is an import!

so around 1m Wii's sold world wide in February.
Yeah that'll show Nintendo we all want online gaming and super high end graphics.

MGS4 engine rebuild in progress.
Capcom 5 on GC about to become 3rd party 5 on Ps3!!

Wow PS3 bombed.
Wii awsome.
Xbox 360 continues to sell at a steady pace woot.

I have a question tho what was the 360 sales last year in febuary was it this bad or slightly better?

PleoMax said:
You dumb retards.

The damm boats coming from China are slow as shit, so there's big time shortages. Not consoles on the shelfs, no consoles to sell. Ps3 did awesome taking into account they only shipped like 100K. That's right, the rest is imports, just so you know how wanted it is.

Pff

:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
X26 said:
Well your personal attacks on people are kind of pathetic, it's as if I were to mention the fact that you greatly resemble Entertianment Tonight's very own Steven Cojocaru

cojo.jpg

wtf :lol :lol

besiktas1

It must be the crack they're hiding in the DS,(must be why I bought my second one :p), because god damn at those numbers.

NPD on a whole for this month, wow at ps3 numbers, but also a wow at ps2, how is it still outselling both next generation consoles...

Ben Sones

JMPovoa said:
At first i thought that 485,000 number was from the Wii sales, and i was like "WOW!". But afterall it's the DS. Should we say excellent numbers for the Wii attending its price point or are we still experiencing shortages in the US market?
Nonetheless, Nintendomination total.

Those are still very good numbers for the Wii, though. Those are the sorts of numbers Sony needs to be doing--at a bare minimum--if they want to have a chance at catching up to Microsoft. Who would have thunk that Nintendo would end up being the big competitor, with Sony left in the dust? Craziness.

But good show, Nintendo. Bravo!

LOcKY

Im curious what the developers and publishers think about these numbers.

they cant just keep throwing their Team D at the Wii games unless they dont mind losing out on potential profits.

The low numbers of the Ps3 don't bother me half as much as the high numbers for Wii. It's a price point thing, but it's still disturbing that a system like that could be this appealing to people. If this trend continues, say goodbye to advancements in AV and physics technologies, and welcome back Nintendo of old. Sony pushed the envelope and pushed to the market a solidly built and very powerful console, and the price is just too high. But the alternative, budget priced consoles with marginal power gap over the previous generation... ugh, that's a nasty vision of the future of the industry right there.

Hopefully this shit can be turned around with a price drop and good games.

Top Bottom