• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official April 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
Since you can't (or we wont' let you) prove this, I'm simply going to give a 7 day ban to the two of you if you lose. And at least one of you has to lose given the bets. But feel free to shave away to maintain your integrity.
This is perhaps the most wonderful use of mod power in weeks. :lol

Sharp

sonycowboy said:
Since you can't (or we wont' let you) prove this, I'm simply going to give a 7 day ban to the two of you if you lose. And at least one of you has to lose given the bets. But feel free to shave away to maintain your integrity.
Indifferent2.gif

vitaflo

sonycowboy said:

Ban them right before you post the numbers.

Speevy

Banned
sonycowboy said:
And the numbers are out, the contest is closed and someone is getting shaved.

Wowzers.

No official release until ~6:30PM EST.

So PS3 and 360 numbers are horrible. Wonderful.

RBH

sonycowboy said:

:lol :lol :lol

Vagabundo

Eteric Rice said:
Will there a meltdown?

Of course there will be a meltdown, he said Wowzers. Not meh or hmmm... Obviously something unexpected, some abhorrently unusual number in the NPD. hmmmmm PS3<3 units?

bud

sonycowboy said:

wtf:lol

joke backfire total

notice how i didn't say that i'd bet a ban. cold sonycowboy, cold :(

laserbeam

Banned
I dont think it will happen but if it were to follow trends with Canada usually reflecting 7-9% of US Sales the Wii would be at like 460,000 Units sold.

My prediction:

Nintendo DS 480K
PlayStation 2 300K
Wii 300K
Xbox 360 180K
PlayStation Portable 180K
Game Boy Advance 190K
PlayStation 3 200K
GameCube 20K
Xbox n/a

:)
have a feeling im WAYYYY off lol...

3rdman

shagg_187 said:
My prediction:

Nintendo DS 480K
PlayStation 2 300K
Wii 300K
Xbox 360 180K
Game Boy Advance 190K
PlayStation 3 200K
GameCube 20K
Xbox n/a

No way...it might even be lucky if it passes 100K, quite frankly.

My predictions...
Nintendo DS 350K
PlayStation 2 190K
Wii 280K
Xbox 360 180K
PlayStation Portable 130K
Game Boy Advance 120K
PlayStation 3 99K
GameCube 10K
Xbox 1K

Sharp

I don't think predictions should be allowed once NPD numbers have been released, on the offchance that someone gets 'hold of them. Plus people have started extrapolating from actual numbers and following Sonycowboy hints etc. which means the information is already tainted.

shagg_187 said:
My prediction:

Nintendo DS 480K
PlayStation 2 300K
Wii 300K
Xbox 360 180K
Game Boy Advance 190K
PlayStation 3 200K
GameCube 20K
Xbox n/a

PS3 > 360, yeah, sure... :lol

laserbeam

Banned
Sharp said:
I don't think predictions should be allowed once NPD numbers have been released, on the offchance that someone gets 'hold of them. Plus people have started extrapolating from actual numbers and following Sonycowboy hints etc. which means the information is already tainted.

Sonycowboy closed predictions at the top of this page

Threi

notag
aww man i will be out @ 6:30...oh well when i reach back i will just go by how many people are drunk and passed out.

Parl

Vagabundo said:
Just read the bets and Parl made four separate ones. Odds are he is in for a bannin.

I thought sonycowboy meant for just the bet itself; loser of the bet gets banned for 7 days.

Well, my top 2 are my proper bets. The bottom 2, I'm certainly not sure on, so I chickened out and went with armpit hair for them.

Top Bottom