• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official April 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

sonycowboy said:
My predictions

HW
NDS 425k
WII 350k
PS2 225k
360 170k
PSP 150k
GBA 120k
PS3 80k
GCN 15k
Xbox 199

SW
1/2) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (NDS)
3) Super Paper Mario (Wii)
4) Wii Play (Wii)
5) God of War 2 (PS2)
6) Spider-Man 3 (360)
7) Spider-Man 3 (PS2)

8) Guitar Hero 2 (360)
9) MLB '07: THE SHOW (PS2)
10) Ghost Recon AW 2 (360)
11) Diddy Kong Racing (NDS)
12) Motorstorm (PS3)

Really? I would think that even now, the PS2 has enough casual appeal to sell much more of a game like this. Same with Madden.

Scary that the Wii could potentially outsell the PS3 4:1 this month.

My predictions:

NDS 400k
WII 320k
PS2 250k
360 220k
PSP 170k
GBA 140k
PS3 110k
GCN 5k
Xbox 0k

spwolf said:
Feb and March had difference of 1 extra selling day

:lol

NPD 101

Feb had 28 days, March had 35, and April had 28.

Retail calendar follows a 4-4-5 schedule (except this Jan as an exception).

Really? I would think that even now, the PS2 has enough casual appeal to sell much more of a game like this. Same with Madden.

It was only 5 days of sales. PS2 has pulled ahead by a good margin at this point, but 360 owners buy their games DAY 1, EVERY TIME.

MasterMFauli said:
Erm, yeah.
For fun and gaf-entertainment, i always hope for something like that, but that´s just a fantasy. Why do people talk about it now as if it´s real? Wrong Matrix?

The Sphinx said:
Because if it sold at exactly the same rate as March PS3 would have 104k for April. We expect it to sell at a slower rate than that though, for a few reasons: Sparse software releases, April being a traditionally weak month for hardware, and the downward trend in PS3 sales month-to-month apparently not hitting bottom yet.

Gaborn

Warm Machine said:
When do we expect the actual numbers?

Since I'm a lowly (though not humble) junior I'll be nice. around 6:30, although they are released to paid subscribers etc at 4:30. But really, its whenever sony cowboy makes the thread. This information can be found at the very top of the first post on the first page and people frown on the repeated question for that reason.

Speevy said:
I think Halo 3 and the Sony conference have caused a lack of interest in today's NPD.

Much like Canada, I have a feeling it's going to be a Nintendo month. No major 360 SW, elite only being sold for a few days, and continued no-show by the PS3.

But, the PS2 should still do well. I'm wondering when sales will drop to push Sony to drop to $99.

909er

MasterMFauli said:
Erm, yeah.
For fun and gaf-entertainment, i always hope for something like that, but that´s just a fantasy. Why do people talk about it now as if it´s real? Wrong Matrix?

Well, it's not exactly a far out possibility. It's not like ppl are going around saying the Wii is gonna sell below 100,000. As it's been explained, it's trending downward.

sonycowboy said:
It was only 5 days of sales. PS2 has pulled ahead by a good margin at this point, but 360 owners buy their games DAY 1, EVERY TIME.

I love helping the 360 stay NPD FLASHY every month, like a good little soldier.

:)

bud

if the 360 sells less than 200k i will shave my balls for gaf.

but alas, this is not going to happen bitches. hairy balls ftw

Parl

bud said:

You've been called out. What will you do if it gets less than 175k? Shave you balls off?

fernoca

bud said:

I'l have my cam
and hands
ready!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Chiggs

bud said:

Awesome! GAF is all about high stakes machismo!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Speevy said:
I think Halo 3 and the Sony conference have caused a lack of interest in today's NPD.

We could only be so lucky, they shall come once the numbers actually are released.

Parl

In fact, screw this.

If 360 gets above 200,000 or PS3 gets above 100,000, I will shave my balls.

If PS3 gets above 90,000 or if Wii gets above 300,000, I will shave my... armpit hair.

spwolf

Jokeropia said:
Uh, about ten people corrected you on this the last time you showed your ignorance. Do you never learn?

I actually didnt see that, and I read 1 day difference on GAF, so I thought it was true :)

In any case, correct way to compare data would be per selling day and not "week".

Evlar

Banned
Parl said:
In fact, screw this.

If PS3 gets above 90,000 or if Wii gets above 300,000, I will shave my... armpit hair.
Sounds itchy.

fernoca

Parl said:
In fact, screw this.

If PS3 gets above 90,000 or if Wii gets above 300,000, I will shave my balls.

Fixed!!!
I want to see ..balls!! :(

Parl

spwolf said:
I actually didnt see that, and I read 1 day difference on GAF, so I thought it was true :)

In any case, correct way to compare data would be per selling day and not "week".

Well, it'd result in the same ratios, so for the comparison I made, it works all the same.

spwolf said:

"Weeks" include weekends. When shit actually sells.

Parl

fernoca said:
Fixed!!!
I want to see ..balls!! :(

I ain't prepared enough to do more than armpit hair for the latter 2, but regardless, if people keep to their word, somebody is shaving their balls (not me), lol.

Sharp

spwolf said:

Since in this case each "week" actually is one week (NPD is kind of on a modified lunar calander) it actually makes just as much sense to compare it this way.

Link

The Autumn Wind
spwolf said:

I do have to give you points for persistence.

Empty_One

Are Canadian press releases about NPD results usually a good indicator for US Sales? Do the two usually go hand in hand? Because if so, tonight should be interesting.

bud said:

Parl said:
In fact, screw this.

Since you can't (or we wont' let you) prove this, I'm simply going to give a 7 day ban to the two of you if you lose. And at least one of you has to lose given the bets. But feel free to shave away to maintain your integrity.

Threi

notag
sonycowboy said:
Since you can't (or we wont' let you) prove this, I'm simply going to give a 7 day ban to the two of you if you lose. And at least one of you has to lose given the bets. But feel free to shave away to maintain your integrity.

:lol

Diablos54

sonycowboy said:
... :lol :lol :lol

So, uhm. I'm I right when I say we should get numbers in about 10 minutes?
My Firefox extension says it's 4h20m PM in New York....

:/

JDSN

Banned
sonycowboy said:

:lol The mods are ready, the stage is set.

Bo130

Souldriver said:
So, uhm. I'm I right when I say we should get numbers in about 10 minutes?
My Firefox extension says it's 4h20m PM in New York....

:/

Will be released in 5 mins, we won't get them for another 2 hours or so.

Top Bottom