• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG

Banned
Senator from Indiana, formerly an incredibly popular governor there.

And don't you haters start talking about how nobody's heard of him, because nobody's heard of Sebelius either. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hootie

worldrunover said:
I wonder if McCain signed up for the text message on his phone
I mean tin cans amirite

What are those cellularized telephone machines you young-uns are blabbering on about?

Tamanon

Banned
Hootie said:
What are those cellularized telephone machines you young-uns are blabbering on about?

My daughter set it up, she said "they'll hit me up on the blueberry" whatever that means.

http://thepage.time.com/2008/08/22/newsrooms-on-fire/
bumpersticker.jpg

A local Kansas City affiliate is reporting that Gill Studios of Lenexa, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material.

Developing...
http://www.kmbc.com/politics/17267009/detail.html#-

possible?

edit: from the kmbc article:
The Obama campaign had said it would make the announcement by text message on Friday.
methinks kmbc is making things up
i also think its an independent printing, hoping to be right and 'catch the wave'

Xisiqomelir

the disgruntled gamer said:

And don't you haters start talking about how nobody's heard of him, because nobody's heard of Sebelius either. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

That is not the problem.

That he's pro-wasting trillions of dollars and thousands of lives for no good reason is the problem.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
How has he managed to keep this a secret?

Wolf: "Obama's managed to keep his VP pick a secret for so long; does this mean his presidency would also be very secretive? Could he possibly even be a terrorist pretending to be an American? GOD DAMNIT OBAMA JUST FUCKING TELL US WHO YOU PICKED"

I love all that about him, but I really really don't like this
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/16/obama-vp-prospect-evan-ba_n_113217.html
:/

If he's the VP I'll still be happy, if disappointed. Seems like there's no clear cut safe choice. Well, Bayh is considered the "safe" choice but that article kinda spoils that

Hcoregamer00 said:
No, he probably did. Would it really be that shocking?

Yes, it would. Why? Because they don't have phones in PRISON CAMPS.

Also, my phone text sound went off, I ran over to the phone thinking it might be Obama but it was just my stupid brother :(

Hootie said:
Wolf: "Obama's managed to keep his VP pick a secret for so long; does this mean his presidency would also be very secretive? Could he possibly even be a terrorist pretending to be an American? GOD DAMNIT OBAMA JUST FUCKING TELL US WHO YOU PICKED"
You can see the frustration in Wolf's eyes... He's going to explode any minute now and start yelling incoherent sentences.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
worldrunover said:

Also, my phone text sound went off, I ran over to the phone thinking it might be Obama but it was just my stupid brother :(

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Tamanon

Banned
worldrunover said:

We also would've accepted "John McCain to make announcement in tap-code"

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hcoregamer00 said:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Where the hell did you come from?! Is this your first PoliGAF experience or something?

MCCAIN'S A POW DAMNIT! A PEE OH DOUBLE-U!

Kildace

I actually know who Bayh his, I was just hoping that somebody would catch the Arrested Development reference.

I don't hate Bayh btw, I just think that he's the most boring of all the potential VP picks. No use waiting until Friday evening for Bayh.

Alcander said:
would it be fair to say you're a little bayh curious?
i'm a little omg this needs to end quickly and nicely--the announcement needs to be made.
and i'm in the biden camp of the biden/bayh duo, as he was an early fav of mine in the primaries.

RubxQub

Tamanon said:
http://progressivebumpersticker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/266033453v2_240x240_front.jpg[IMG]

Don't make me send this to Halperin![/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/Rubxqub/1210103539.gif

thefro

Seriously, if the texts don't fire until tomorrow, it HAS to be Bayh because he's the only one who can sneak over to Springfield without getting tailed (3 1/2 hour drive).

Everyone else has to hop on a plane which will be tracked.

RubxQub

In 15 minutes we can all be saved and flip over to MSNBC.

This CNN bullshit has been weak as hell. SHITS WEAK

Edit: Where the hell did my Avatar go?!

sangreal

thefro said:
Seriously, if the texts don't fire until tomorrow, it HAS to be Bayh because he's the only one who can sneak over to Springfield without getting tailed (3 1/2 hour drive).

Biden doesn't need a plane to fly there

Bayh is in Washington btw (at least according to CNN's spy cam)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
thefro said:

No one can find him if he walked to Obama.

That way, he can promote green living and go in secret to the rendezvous point.

Hi, my name is Wolf Blitzer and I don't have any idea who Obama picked as his VP so I am going to make up some bullshit about an "August Curse" because I have nothing else to talk about.

RubxQub

GrotesqueBeauty said:
All over my face.
If you thought that was a good choice, please text PRESIDENT to 98382.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom