• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manmademan said:
I just arrived to the philadelphia rally...I'm as close as I can possibly get without a ticket, ill try to take photos if I get any good shots. any other GAFers going to this thing?
Post your pics when you get back :D

Triumph

Banned
CNN running with the story of Obama's link to the "radical 60's group". Would it be enough to mention that he wasn't involved in any of their activities since he was 8 years old when it all went down? Apparently so. But it's Blitzer so I expect nothing less.

Triumph said:
This isn't really news, the woman has been disdainful of party activists for like, ever.

I was unaware that McCain had economic positions to distort.

Also duder, you might want to resize your swank avatar. It's too big vertically.

yeah it would be MSM News if it was OBAMA

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sounds like she's slamming MoveOn. Probably not surprising, since they've been Pro-Obama for some time. Sounds like she's pulling a "just words" by trying to minimize a strength. Minimize the importance of the support of MoveOn by demonizing them.

AMUSIX

siamesedreamer said:
Gah...I don't know what the problem is. Its sized fine on my photobucket account.
It's 47x70 on your account, when posted here, it stretched the width to 90 automatically, but that means your height is too much now...all in the FAQ

siamesedreamer said:
Gah...I don't know what the problem is. Its sized fine on my photobucket account.

The problem isn't the size, siamese. It's the avatar itself. The Braves suck all 7 flavors of ass. And as someone who was just in Atlanta yesterday, I feel I have the right to say that.

PS. Why does I-85 south from Alpharetta to the airport have to be such a mess at 2pm? Took me an hour and 10 minutes from exit 11 on 400 to reach the airport... ungodly.

maynerd

Banned
Incognito said:
The problem isn't the size, siamese. It's the avatar itself. The Braves suck all 7 flavors of ass. And as someone who was just in Atlanta yesterday, I feel I have the right to say that.

7 flavors? Name em!

Triumph

Banned
Incognito said:
I'm going to cut you.

Incognito said:
PS. Why does I-85 south from Alpharetta to the airport have to be such a mess at 2pm? Took me an hour and 10 minutes from exit 11 on 400 to reach the airport... ungodly.

MARTA is smarta.

I live off exit 5. You should have PMed me.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Cheebs said:
I for a while thought Reagan like numbers were possible for him in the general. I am not so sure now. I say Bush '88 is more in line.

While the spotlight is primarily on Obama and Hillary, Mccain still isn't doing that well. If you were to look at McCain's news by itself the guy would seemed fucked

Obama snags a pretty big endorsement:
Former Georgia senator Sam Nunn, who toyed with the concept of a non-partisan run for president last year, has come down on the side of Barack Obama in the Democratic race for president.

The former senator, considered one of the nation’s preeminent experts on U.S. defense, met with Obama’s foreign policy team this morning.

In a just released statement, Nunn said Obama “will have the sound judgment to put together an outstanding governing team, bringing people together across old boundaries.”

“My own role in this campaign will be as an advisor - particularly in the field of national security and foreign policy,” Nunn said.

Though not a superdelegate to the Democratic National Convention, Nunn carries a good deal of gravitas from which Obama could benefit. As one of their numbers, Nunn could also help reassure conservative Democrats still suspicious of Obama’s position on the left-right political spectrum.

That could matter in Pennsylvania on Tuesday.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/sh...ehind_barac.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

They're calling him "the perfect running mate" for him. Is he that good?

Triumph

Banned
Star Power said:
I think he's going to go with Kathleen Sebelius. Or Evan Bayh. Maybe Wes Clark.
I think Tim Kaine is more likely than Bayh or Clark. Maybe Jim Webb or Richardson. I'm betting he goes with someone from a state that will help him get over the hump.

Lemonz

Hillthreat.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/celeste-fremon/clinton-slams-democratic_b_97484.html

At a small closed-door fundraiser after Super Tuesday, Sen. Hillary Clinton blamed what she called the "activist base" of the Democratic Party -- and MoveOn.org in particular -- for many of her electoral defeats, saying activists had "flooded" state caucuses and "intimidated" her supporters, according to an audio recording of the event obtained by The Huffington Post.

"Moveon.org endorsed [Sen. Barack Obama] -- which is like a gusher of money that never seems to slow down," Clinton said to a meeting of donors. "We have been less successful in caucuses because it brings out the activist base of the Democratic Party. MoveOn didn't even want us to go into Afghanistan. I mean, that's what we're dealing with. And you know they turn out in great numbers. And they are very driven by their view of our positions, and it's primarily national security and foreign policy that drives them. I don't agree with them. They know I don't agree with them. So they flood into these caucuses and dominate them and really intimidate people who actually show up to support me."

Quick, someone call the Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhmbulance! :lol Heaven forbid the dreaded "activists" show up! Activist obviously being a person who doesn't support Hillary. And an adviser or something should clue her in on the fact that MoveOn didn't oppose the war in Afghanistan. But strawmans make us comfortable...

tanod

when is my burrito
ronito said:
the site must be hammered or something the story wont come up. Any summary?

Hillary shits on MoveOn, democratic caucuses, and party activists who don't support her. All in much clearer audio than the Obama bitter recording.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Anyone watch Hardball? This republican strategist is full of it. He just called Obama "elitist" for wanting to raise taxes on the rich.

BTW, thanks Hillary for giving the GOP another talking point for November. Seriously.

APF said:
Do you think Hillary's sharp attacks against Obama helps the Democrats' enemies? Does it make you question her Democratism? Do you think she should shut up and run a clean and not negative campaign?
APF said:
Do you think Hillary's sharp attacks against Obama helps the Democrats' enemies? Does it make you question her Democratism? Do you think she should shut up and sing [the praises of Great Leader]?
See what you did there? You originally wrote a perfectly good post and submitted it. Then you immediately edited it so you could act like an asshole.

Triumph

Banned
Incognito said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/celeste-fremon/clinton-slams-democratic_b_97484.html

Quick, someone call the Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhmbulance! :lol Heaven forbid the dreaded "activists" show up! Activist obviously being a person who doesn't support Hillary. And an adviser or something should clue her in on the fact that MoveOn didn't oppose the war in Afghanistan. But strawmans make us comfortable...
Considering how she "won" in Nevada I don't think she has much room to bitch. Never stopped her before, tho.

philly update: obama still not here but the lead singer from Live is doing an acoustic set, including lennon's "imagine." not bad.

I don't see any GAFers, but lots of good looking women here. virgin-age should take notice :D

Kildace

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9718.html

Politico on Obama and the media.

While I think they do have a point, it's amusing how they forget to mention that Clinton is only still in this race because the media has never reported the fact that she had mathematically no chance to win, that the media (ABC) created the Wright controversy and fuelled the flames, that the media dishonestly blew up BitterGate etc.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
scorcho said:
hey APF, since you're getting your balls polished by Cheebs while fighting 15 different posters, mind rubbing some of your smarts off on him?

:lol :lol You're just jealous Cheebs didn't ask you, smarty-pants.

ZealousD

ZealousD said:
The media won't cling to this, sadly. The number of people potentially offended by these statements is lower. The media wanted ratings from Bittergate because it made them seem sympathetic to middle America. Calling out Hillary for slamming activists doesn't have the same kind of controversial ring to it.

But it does affect her standing in the party, potentially leading to more endorsements for Obama.

reilo

Olbermann talking about the private fundraise quotes by Hillary slamming MoveOn.org.

reilo

harSon said:
So basically shes saying the energized base that votes for Obama are bully activists?

The same groups that defended her husband during the Lewinsky scandal 10 years ago.

So, Mr Carville, about that knife in the back...

ZealousD

reilo said:
So, Mr Carville, about that knife in the back...

You don't get it man. MoveOn totally betrayed Clinton when they endorsed Obama. Those treacherous, activist, money-raising, website-owning, petition-writing bastards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom