• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
siamesedreamer said:
The Iraq War debate is over - we won. Your boy was wrong.
What did we win? I keep checking my mailbox but the check never arrives.

I also go the gas station but the prices remain pretty high.

What exactly did we 'win'?

speculawyer said:
What did we win? I keep checking my mailbox but the check never arrives.

I also go the gas station but the prices remain pretty high.

If everything you say is vague enough, you can be right about anything.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Screw you guys. Obama's VP is gonna be Maliki.

Then he'd have Iraq credentials that McCain couldn't match!

scorcho said:
to defend SD, he also says that the Iraqi people want us there, then when shown polls showing the opposite blithely argues that their opinions don't matter anyhow.
That is defending him?

I guess you are using the insanity defense? :lol

Hootie said:
BERIEVE.
av-1.gif

I'm still waiting for you to quote my avatar in the avatar thread.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What the fuck!?

I have a nap and wake up, hoping that the VEEP is picked...and nothing?!

WHAT THE FUCKIDY FUCKING FUCK!

ZealousD said:
Screw you guys. Obama's VP is gonna be Maliki.

Then he'd have Iraq credentials that McCain couldn't match!

Nope . . . still doesn't work. McCain said Maliki wants the troops to stay but Maliki said he wants a time table for withdrawal . . . clearly Maliki is wrong and McCain knows Maliki & Iraq better than Maliki.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RubxQub said:
What the fuck!?

I have a nap and wake up, hoping that the VEEP is picked...and nothing?!

WHAT THE FUCKIDY FUCKING FUCK!

He's chosen his VP, but just hasn't informed anyone yet.

RubxQub

reilo said:
He's chosen his VP, but just hasn't informed anyone yet.
That was the worst time traveling I've ever done... send me some VP text action 'bama :(

Waiting until past 4pm on a Friday to release your VP? Is that really sound as far as drumming up excitement for a campaign?

Just seems like he'll receive no more press coverage than just waiting to announce it at the convention.

reilo

Oh shit. That plan to leave Iraq? New developments: US to leave Iraq by 2011.

This is win-win for Obama.

RubxQub

Hootie said:
Are we sure 'bamaton is even going to announce it today? I thought the "deadline" was tomorrow afternoon?
My fucking political boner better goddamned be stroked within the next couple hours, or I'm going to see a doctor.

Woke up from my nap with "morning wood" and covered is jism from my Sebelius VP acceptance speech dream.

MAKE THIS GORGING THING GO AWAY!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can't all the reporters give us the whereabouts of Biden, Clark, seb, hil, Bayh, Kaine, etc. . . ? The one traveling toward Illinois is the VP.

GhaleonEB

PotatoeMasher said:
Waiting until past 4pm on a Friday to release your VP? Is that really sound as far as drumming up excitement for a campaign?

Just seems like he'll receive no more press coverage than just waiting to announce it at the convention.
Yeah, this is getting really weird. I thought he was going to at lest get it out in time for the evening press cycle.

laserbeam

Banned
reilo said:
Oh shit. That plan to leave Iraq? New developments: US to leave Iraq by 2011.

This is win-win for Obama.

2012 and the Iraqi Government reserves the right to request an extension in the agreement.

reilo

laserbeam said:
2012 and the Iraqi Government reserves the right to request an extension in the agreement.

If Obama wins, an extension request won't be necessary.

Hootie

I know it's only 4pm here but I'm getting tired. Might take a nap.

If I do take a nap and wake up without VP news I will eat my head.

Yeah, you heard it right. I will eat my goddamned head.

GhaleonEB

ZealousD said:
This is brilliant. :lol

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/media-learns-wi.html

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe reports: The anxious news media has been waiting all week to find a winner in the ongoing Obama veepstakes speculation. Today we finally got one: the name - Waldman.

With reporters staked out in their front lawn night and day all week long to monitor Sen. Evan Bayh's house across the street, the three Waldman kids found a way to profit - sell lemonade to the thirsty media throng.

And boy did they make a killing.

No sooner had the stand been set up at the base of their driveway then instantly a line formed five-deep in cameramen. Location, location, location. Serving the ice-cold juice in nice pint-sized glassware, the kids quickly made a buck or two...or twenty.

The elder Waldman saleswoman, Siena, 6 (and 3/4!) said she'd use the profits to buy a walkie-talkie, but noted that it'd be "expensive."

No wonder she was charging a dollar a drink.

No matter, reporters kept on coming up to quench their thirst on an 85-degree August day in sunny Washington, DC. With such a successful business, aided by a multi-color lemonade sign resting on their table, Alexa, 5, might now be able to get herself a new Ugly Doll.

As for Lucas, 3, he's not so sure what he'll do with the money yet. Maybe an Obama-Bayh '08 t-shirt?

One thing his elder sister Siena is sure of is who she wants Obama to pick as his running mate. Asked if she hopes the Democrat's choice will be her neighbor Sen. Bayh, she responded, "Yes!"

And if Bayh is the selection, then a well-hydrated media horde will now be ready to film his every move. That is, if the kids ever stop touring their new favorite playgrounds: the television satellite trucks lining their street.

And yes, the lemonade stand sell-a-thon was all caught on camera. Hey, gotta shoot something on another slow news day...

Hootie said:

Make sure you videotape that shit and post it on youtube.

RubxQub

Hootie said:

This did nothing for me :(

I woke up with this Frankendick that I no longer have any control over.

Clevinger said:
We won victory, son. That's what we won.
I know it is sarcasm but it really has been about nothing for a while. Anyone that believed AQ had a chance of taking over a majority Shiia country has their head so far up their ass that they haven't seen daylight in years. Basically, its been nothing but a money-pit in order to protect the egos of the people that created this quagmire.

Our best weapon over the last year can be summarized in a single character: $

We've been paying people off not to shoot at us. How about we leave, and then the Iraqi government with their $70 Billion SURPLUS can start making those protection payments. We've got a $500 Billion DEFICIT!

GhaleonEB

Captain Pants said:
500 Internal Server Error!

Arg... announce dammit!
I got that and thought the announcement killed it. Bolt off to check other sites....nada.

This gets more and more like NPD day by the moment. :lol

reilo said:
So, have "you" admitted that going into Iraq in the first place was the biggest mistake the US has made in the past fifteen years...?

YES

Mandark said:
What is the situation in Iraq and what strategic goals did The Surge accomplish?

The situation in Iraq is right now is a shit ton better than it would have been if we had done what Obama suggested. The down side risk to his proposal should have given everyone pause.

speculawyer said:

That's up to the next president whoever it happens to be. Obviously, Saddam is no longer a threat and he doesn't have $125 oil supporting his regime. Idealy, it involves forward operating bases in a stable, somewhat democratic Iraq. The pieces of the puzzle are in place. We just have to continue our support.

RubxQub

PoliGAF is bringing the servers to their knees!

Obama, hurry! THE SERVERS WON'T HOLD! THEY'RE GONNA BLOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom