• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA arrives at a hotel in Chicago to prepare for his convention speech

capt.82fe5aa280244d3a93d054a8895d9c15.obama_2008_ilab102.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., sits in the car as he arrives at downtown Chicago hotel, Friday, Aug. 22, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

r3678869692.jpg

US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) is seen through the window of his vehicle as he arrives at a hotel for convention speech preparation in Chicago, August 22, 2008.

quadriplegicjon said:
McCain thinks factcheck.com is shit .. nice try though!!
That's what I was trying to elude to. Thanks to McCain's dissing of factcheck neither him nor any of his supporters can cite it in any argument.

maybe i was hallucinating but i saw a newsbreak on cnn late lastnight that said saturday will be the day. of course you really can't take the news seriously on this subject anymore, but thats pretty much what i think, that he'll announce tomarrow (end of the olympics and the week) so i'm not anticipating anything for tonight.

tanod

when is my burrito
gcubed said:
this thread would be so boring without you.

Imagine what it's like when he/she's on your ignore list. Let's debate China some more!

The post about the media on the dailykos totally owns.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
adamsappel said:
Oh, I believe McCain didn't know the exact number. He started added them up in his head and probably both couldn't remember all of them and realized how big that number actually was going to be. But "can't even remember anymore" carries with it that little touch of Alzheimer's. Smart insinuation, but I think McCain's direct quote is damning enough.

I still think that McCain was more confused about how many he owned, as in he couldn't remember which homes were corporate-owned or which homes were under which names, etc. If you listen to the quote it sounds like he tries to explain that there are complications, but it didn't come out gracefully.

I think what Olbermann was saying the other night is true that, that's about as bad as losing track of how many you own.

GhaleonEB

tanod said:
Imagine what it's like when he/she's on your ignore list. Let's debate China some more!
It's not as exciting as you think. Everyone just quotes him.
soul creator said:
I wonder if that Yucca Mountain ad helped there
They just switched it back. Apparantly they screwed up the new poll, which showed Obama up by six. Now it toggled back to a tie.

laserbeam

Banned
soul creator said:
I wonder if that Yucca Mountain ad helped there

Pollster changed the data on Nevada again. Mccain is back in the lead but very slightly. They typo'd results for latest poll. They were obviously wrong they had mccain losing like 14 points in a few days and the corrections shows it was indeed wrong.

GhaleonEB said:
Pollster has moved Nevada from toss-up to "lean Obama".

http://www.pollster.com/

The pool of toss-ups keeps getting smaller.
you did say Nevada, right?
http://www.pollster.com/polls/nv/08-nv-pres-ge-mvo.php
McCain 44.7%, Obama 44.4%
the most recent poll was 8/18-8/20, having Obama at 44, McCain at 43

and the main screen also has it as yellow-toss up

how is this possibly considered moving from toss-up to "lean Obama" and having the pool of toss-ups getting smaller?

edit: and i was beaten by 1 minute...

lol at the "Veepwatch" on CNN video :lol They must have two vans (one outside of Bayh's house and one outside of Biden's) with video cameras like they're stalking them or something :lol

GhaleonEB

kkaabboomm said:
you did say Nevada, right?
http://www.pollster.com/polls/nv/08-nv-pres-ge-mvo.php
McCain 44.7%, Obama 44.4%
the most recent poll was 8/18-8/20, having Obama at 44, McCain at 43

and the main screen also has it as yellow-toss up

how is this possibly considered moving from toss-up to "lean Obama" and having the pool of toss-ups getting smaller?

edit: and i was beaten by 1 minute...
Their site listed the new Survey 2000 poll as a six point Obama spread. Ten minutes later, it's shown as a one-point Obama lead. The link they have to the poll won't load for me, but odds are good I caught the site in that moment when they had the error still up.

laserbeam

Banned
CharlieDigital said:
lol at the "Veepwatch" on CNN video :lol They must have two vans (one outside of Bayh's house and one outside of Biden's) with video cameras like they're stalking them or something :lol

Bayh is probably wishing he could run outside and say "Damn it people I got the your the weakest link goodbye call. Go away!!!"

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
siamesedreamer said:
Yeah...those who weren't telling everyone the surge would fail.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here.

What is the situation in Iraq and what strategic goals did The Surge accomplish?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
siamesedreamer said:
Yeah...those who weren't telling everyone the surge would fail.

So, have "you" admitted that going into Iraq in the first place was the biggest mistake the US has made in the past fifteen years, especially on the false premises and outright lies and misinformation?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
reilo said:
SD, you honestly believe the Iraq war has been "won"?

I'm not SD, but I honestly believe the Iraq "war" ended when Saddam was caught. Since then we haven't been in war so much as we have been acting as a perpetual security force trying to keep Iraqis from blowing each other up.

We have no clear enemy and we have no clear mission. That's not a war.

siamesedreamer said:
The Iraq War debate is over - we won. Your boy was wrong.
Godamnrik.jpg

Xisiqomelir said:
Defining "won" would probably be a good start.
Xisiqomelir said:
Xisiqomelir said:
Xisiqomelir said:
Xisiqomelir said:
If this doesn't get asked to McCain in the debates I will weep for humanity.

Tamanon

Banned
We'll see how good the "surge" worked once the Awakening is over, Maliki is already working towards that.

BTW, I think it's hilarious that all these reporters have no inside sources on the Veep talk, it basically has changed to everyone just watching their blackberries or cellphones.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
to defend SD, he also says that the Iraqi people want us there, then when shown polls showing the opposite blithely argues that their opinions don't matter anyhow.

reilo

scorcho said:
to defend SD, he also says that the Iraqi people want us there, then when shown polls showing the opposite blithely argues that their opinions don't matter anyhow.

To be fair to SD, his mind doesn't live in reality.

Xisiqomelir

polyh3dron said:

Comments are gold:

You people just don't get it.

McCain sacrificed for this country. He's a former POW, fer crying out loud! And you may not know this, but he suffers from PTCRHMHIOD, or Post Traumatic Can't Remember How Many Houses I Own Disorder. It is a horrible affliction that has broken the marriages of former POWs with the multi-millionaire liquor-heiress wives that own 10+ homes and a jet.

I weep for him...

McCain can't keep claiming that what happened to him 40 years ago as a POW does count, while saying that dumping his wife and kids for Arizona Barbie 35 years ago doesn't count.

Can't really have it both ways.

PEACE

pimpwerx? :lol

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Dammit. I thought I got the Biden text message, and it was just Apple telling me about a firmware upgrade.

My heart literally jumped. :lol

GhaleonEB

Hootie said:
1441h60.jpg

"I've got all of you bitches by the balls."
:lol

This really is the OT version of NPD, but we don't know when they are being released.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Amir0x

Banned
I have Obama's personal line, he told me all the rumours about Biden are totally false and we won't have to endure a Biden vice presidency. The media are liars and it's not true!

reilo

Amir0x said:
I have Obama's personal line, he told me all the rumours about Biden are totally false and we won't have to endure a Biden vice presidency. The media are liars and it's not true!

Well, duh, because it's going to be Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom