• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elbrain said:
Dammit! Again! Think about that one!

He has....

93436,1175812204,4.jpg

:lol :lol

jonabbey

Gary Whitta said:
My guess is that the majority of GAFers would not turn that down.

Hearing this in the 'Game Theory' podcast voice I've come to know and love is one of the high points of the thread so far for me. :lol

pswii60

mabuza said:
if you check his post history you'll realise he has no agenda to push.
mabuza said:
the best thing about sdf is the xtards who dont see the joke and literally burst blood vessels upon reading any of their articles.
mabuza said:
i knew jtyettis would pop into this thread immediately he saw a glimmer of hope. time to stop crying and start celebrating. 631 baby wooot!!!
mabuza said:
pretty much. i love how pswii60, one of the biggest xbots on this board parades himself as some sort of unbiased poster. who the fuck you kidding. hey guyz look my name is pswii60 i couldn't possibly...
mabuza said:
As you're always moaning about some of the pro-360 poster's agendas in here, let's take a look at your past thread starting history:

"ps3 still outselling 360 in uk even after price drop - and without factoring in GT5:p"

"how can microsoft win the war when its irrelevant in japan and most of europe?"

And my favourite:

"the trolling on this forum is seriously getting out of hand" :lol

And, not to mention this one:

"what can sony do to counteract the 360 gta4 dlc exclusive?"

And then...

mabuza said:
folks clinging on to the dlc with that kungfu grip.:lol
I thought you said Sony needed to counteract it! Ahh

can anyone comment on the ps3's online vs the 360? i havent played many ps3 games online, but the ones i have, voice chat has sucked imo (mgo beta is really bad). can anyone comment on whether its easy to hear and understand what ppl are saying online?

thanks

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
andrewfee said:
Dithered shadows are pretty nasty, so is the DoF effect. Framerate is generally poor…

Every press review: graphics are great, solid framerate

Random GAFfer: graphics are shit, framerate is shit

"Well Horatio, what do you think?

"I think... I smell some... *puts on glasses*

...wait, did someone say lossy audio on 36...

YEAAAAAAAAA

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
When I left for work this thread was at Episode 2 - Tree of Doom and 63 pages long. Can anyone fill me in on what Episode 3 was about?

Evlar

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
i have the ps3 version of the game it look awesome except a lot more jaggie then what i thought there would be.
Any comment on audio quality?
Router said:
When I left for work this thread was at Episode 2 - Tree of Doom and 63 pages long. Can anyone fill me in on what Episode 3 was about?
PS3 version renders at 630p.

Well, I've played a couple of hours and I'm liking it so far. But yes, it feels a little low-res compared to other games. Still looks great, specially for everything that it's rendering, and the framerate is better than I expected.

Wollan

Luke messaged me and asked if I was alright. :lol (been busy playing the game actually)
So what's the deal, the guy at B3D got a hold of a PS3 copy and confirmed it to be 630p?
Has he measured a actual X360 copy yet (besides promo screens)?

I've always wondered if the CSI: Miami writers let Caruso decide for himself when to put his glasses on or if it's written into the script.

HORATIO
And WE...
(glasses)
...are going to get to the truth.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
J. M. Romeo said:
Well, I've played a couple of hours and I'm liking it so far. But yes, it feels a little low-res compared to other games. Still looks great, specially for everything that it's rendering, and the framerate is better than I expected.
Must be the PS3 amirite amirite?

pswii60

beerbelly said:
I bought the 360 version and I agree with PSwii60. The game looks very low-res.
So I'm not just imagining it then. I think it has something to do with the depth of field. But what do I know eh.

Evlar

Banned
Wollan said:
Luke messaged me and asked if I was alright. :lol (been busy playing the game actually)
So what's the deal, the guy at B3D got a hold of a PS3 copy and confirmed it to be 630p?
Has he measured a actual X360 copy yet (besides promo screens)?
We need opinions on the audio quality of both versions.

Firewire

Banned
pswii60 said:
wha?

What about those 2 threads on the 360 price cut in Europe? You know the 2 that had inaccurate info in both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom