• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerbelly

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
That's whole lot of er...irrelevant information for something over a humorous remark from Speevy which wasn't even that off base considering how much of this thread was from 'The' pixel counter's findings.

Why you so wound up anyway?

Mabuza gets pretty fucking annoying with his 3-word snarky sentences.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Kestastrophe said:
minsd2.jpg

StopOkKeepDoingItwmvAVI.gif

Defuser

Crushed said:
Frank.jpg

"Looks like he got taken out in a driveby, Horatio. On his body, we found some FUD about a IGN watermark in the PS3 version's manual. Our guess is, he was takin' it to NeoGAF when some SDF jumped him."

vfdwf8.jpg

"It's just like the old saying, Frank..."

horatio460.jpg

"A funny thing happened..."

qo6gav.jpg

"...on the way to the forum."
YEEEEEEAH!!!!!

McLovin

God why cant they just sell the game now in the us.. everyone else is playing it already >.< Hey do you guys think eb/gamestop would sell my pre-ordered copy of gta if I don't go at midnight? I really don't feel like going till tomorrow:/

commariodore64 said:

Shown side-by-side, it’s quite difficult to tell the difference between the two versions. Only a highly trained eye can see the subtle shifts in color, the minor variations in shadow detail. Our conclusion: buy the one for the console you own. If you’re lucky enough to have both in your living room, your decision will have to be based on whether or not you want to pay Microsoft for Extra Content. The barely perceptible difference will have zero impact on your enjoyment of the game.

And yet somehow I don't think this will stop this freight train of a thread.

Did I say freight train? I meant train wreck.

ThatHurt

We captured the raw video in uncompressed 720p, with no post-processing to either stream. Shown side-by-side, AND COMPRESSED DOWN TO 200X160 it’s quite difficult to tell the difference between the two versions

Fixed

and could they have at least picked somthing that was outside?

Raistlin

SRG01 said:
Oh, and since no one brought it up, is the 360 version using eDRAM for AA? If so, aren't they paying the tiling penalty with their native 720p resolution?

I would suspect some of the effects, etc. used made it necessary to tile anyway.

So, UK PS3 copy. On the back of the box it says HD 720p, 1080i and 1080p. But it only displays @720p om my 1080p Sony. GT5:p is 1080p. Even MGO is 1080p. But not GTAIV...confused.com.

FrankT

Slackbladder said:
So, UK PS3 copy. On the back of the box it says HD 720p, 1080i and 1080p. But it only displays @720p om my 1080p Sony. GT5:p is 1080p. Even MGO is 1080p. But not GTAIV...confused.com.

No upscale?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Slackbladder said:

The PS3 won't render it in 1080p if you have the 720p box in the display settings checked. Uncheck the 720p box and then run the game.

IIRC, it has something to do with the PS3 prioritizing the games native resolution over your displays max resolution.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
We captured this footage in 720p to compare and now witness it for yourself....in a small low resolution re-encoded streamed video.

Well, something ain't right.

Yes! Keep it up! Give into your hate....

My Display Setting is 1080p. When on the XMB it shows 1080p on the tv info. But GTAIV does not display @1080p. Somethings wrong. Possibly me as I've been up for 20 hours....

Edit: Okay it maybe 720p is prioritized over 1080p. Why make 1080p a possible resolution then?

Yoboman said:
What the HELL was the point of that. That's the worst attempt at a comparison I've ever seen
i'm so glad this thread is still going.

i mean a good split screen comparison would have allowed us all to make up our own minds and ruined this thread already.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Slackbladder said:
My Display Setting is 1080p. When on the XMB it shows 1080p on the tv info. But GTAIV does not display @1080p. Somethings wrong. Possibly me as I've been up for 20 hours....

Is the 720p box checked in the display settings?

Slackbladder said:

Edit: Okay it maybe 720p is prioritized over 1080p. Why make 1080p a possible resolution then?

Settings > Display Settings > Untick 720p and 1080i. It's the ps3 ;3

inner-G

Banned
Slackbladder said:
In the settings, you need to uncheck all the other resolutions besides 1080p.

R* must think 720p is the way to go, so they make it default. You have to uncheck 720p to do a higher res.

Stinkles said:
The previously silent majority has spoken.
Disgrunted Wii Kid said:
Do not buy gta4 - 3 min - Apr 28, 2008

(47 Ratings) Rate:
Hey guys what ever you all do not buy this game. The people over at take-two and rockstar did not want to put the extra effort to make the game be playable on the Wii. So we all have to suffer and I will not be taken pushed around and I think we should all stand up to them. So help me fight rockstar and take-two and not buy the game. HIT THEM WERE IT HURTS!!!! «

Holy shit.:lol

No one told him?
2n8v906_fix.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom