• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

Wow another motion control shrine. Someone should have told Nintendo this is the opposite of fun and their shit works like fuck. At least let the balls lock into place or something. It's like they want to torture the player. Ugh.

Dremorak

Banned
I got the last item that kilton sells last night ;) hoooooooly balls.
The dark link tunic is the last thing he sells right?? It looks amazing. Especially with the hylian hood. Looks badass AF

PillarEN

I got the last item that kilton sells last night ;) hoooooooly balls.
The dark link tunic is the last thing he sells right?? It looks amazing. Especially with the hylian hood. Looks badass AF

Whaaaaaat? I need to check this out. Is the key just selling a shit ton of monster parts?

Can we talk about how amazing the desert is? I know people talk about visual fidelity, but does any other game have that kind of cloud shadow technique going on?
The way the clouds make the sand look like grass was really impressive,
just everything about the desert is impressive. Best part is the excuse to wear the voe outfit.
It's seriously awesome. It's also got a nice balance of empty space and points of interest IMO. Oh, and the mini-bosses are great, including the music.

Downhome

I just got to
the great Deku Tree for the first time. When he was giving his big speech, I swear one of the Korok seeds says "Uh oh, WHAT THE HELL".
. Now I know, I know, that isn't what was said, but it sounded pretty darn exact to me on my first listen and catching it out of nowhere. I busted out laughing at it. I can't possibly be the only one that heard it that way.

Go to (don't go to the video unless you know what I'm talking about)
, the one minute mark, then listen for about 30 seconds or so.

Jazzem

After I finished my last shrine, I excitedly rushed to Rito Village to talk to the kid who offered a reward for dusting off all 120 :D

...goddammit ;_; I should've seen that coming, ha. Happy to get the classic tunic at least, though I don't think I have the patience for dragon piece farming at the moment.

1upsuper

What's the best way to farm for Kilton bux?
In other words, what monster parts give the most mon? Gotta get that sweet, sweet armor set and Lynel mask.

Dremorak

Banned
What's the best way to farm for Kilton bux?
In other words, what monster parts give the most mon? Gotta get that sweet, sweet armor set and Lynel mask.

I actually just traded a bunch of random parts. I had over a hundred of most horns and claws and shit. Sold most of those, left myself with around 20 of each just incase, I think I traded a couple of guardian bits to make up the last couple of hundred.

1upsuper

I actually just traded a bunch of random parts. I had over a hundred of most horns and claws and shit. Sold most of those, left myself with around 20 of each just incase, I think I traded a couple of guardian bits to make up the last couple of hundred.

Thanks. That's what I did to get some of his cheaper stuff, but given that I want to upgrade several armor sets I was reluctant to go too crazy with selling parts. Might just do it anyway though.

PillarEN

After I finished my last shrine, I excitedly rushed to Rito Village to talk to the kid who offered a reward for dusting off all 120 :D

...goddammit ;_; I should've seen that coming, ha. Happy to get the classic tunic at least, though I don't think I have the patience for dragon piece farming at the moment.

My last shrine was a Kass one so I ran back to see him return to Rito once again. But what kid wanted to give you something for doing all the shrines?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Death Mountain
better than the
Rito
stuff? Its the last one I have to do, so far its
Zora > Gerudo > Rito

Dremorak

Banned
Thanks. That's what I did to get some of his cheaper stuff, but given that I want to upgrade several armor sets I was reluctant to go too crazy with selling parts. Might just do it anyway though.

I didnt go crazy with it tho :p make sure you still have at least 20 or so of each, I think I ended up keeping 50 of some of the more common ones, and I think I needed 45 of one of them for an upgraded set one hour later so dodged a bullet there :p

Otnopolit

Just read an article on freaking Christian Post about supposed details on hard mode. Since I can't seem to find these details anywhere else, and it was published today, I can assume it's just their idea of April Fool's clickbait. Sounded like good stuff, though.

Arttemis

Just read an article on freaking Christian Post about supposed details on hard mode. Since I can't seem to find these details anywhere else, and it was published today, I can assume it's just their idea of April Fool's clickbait. Sounded like good stuff, though.
Hardly a reliable source, even when not April Fool's.

1upsuper

I didnt go crazy with it tho :p make sure you still have at least 20 or so of each, I think I ended up keeping 50 of some of the more common ones, and I think I needed 45 of one of them for an upgraded set one hour later so dodged a bullet there :p

Alright, thanks. I'll pare things down so I have 50 at the least.

I'm trying not to get excited about the challenge mode because I think it it's going to inevitably end up the same as past Zeldas where precious little actually changes. :/

I would love to be wrong and have something much more interesting be implemented.

Spinifex

I'm trying not to get excited about the challenge mode because I think it it's going to inevitably end up the same as past Zeldas where precious little actually changes. :/

I would love to be wrong and have something much more interesting be implemented.

I think the fact it's 6 months away leads credence to the idea that it will be somewhat more substantial than 'hero mode'.

Or maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Vena

I think the fact it's 6 months away leads credence to the idea that it will be somewhat more substantial than 'hero mode'.

Lynels with bows replace Keese Swarms, in equal number and miniaturized.

It could just be some weird Nintendo thing where they want everyone to experience the new game the same way at launch, so hero mode doesn't come out until summer.

I have to set myself up for disappointment or else I'll be, well, disappointed.

Spinifex

It could just be some weird Nintendo thing where they want everyone to experience the new game the same way at launch, so hero mode doesn't come out until summer.

I have to set myself up for disappointment or else I'll be, well, disappointed.

Except we've paid for it. If Breath of the Wild is what we get for $60, what will we get for $20? That's where my expectations are at.

kunonabi

Does Hestu automatically show up
in the forest
even if you don't meet him
along the river
first?

I don't think so. I was over 100 hours with two dungeons completed before I met him and he was still in his original spot.

Anteo

Wait, what!?

*turns on game*

Oh my god! There it is!!!

55%

Jesus help me T-T

EDIT: Its there a way to obtain previous main bosses pics if I already slayed them?

by beating the game you also unlocked the boss pictures at the hateno lab

Still have many more shrines and side quests to do, but I just beat the final boss. I love the hell out of this game, but the story just did not do anything for me. I think BOTW might have the worst main quest storyline out of any of the 3D Zeldas. I'm okay with the basic plot, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I say all this still believing this is the best 3d Zelda. Go figure.
I was also bummed that Zelda wasn't an old-ass lady when I rescued her from Hyrule Castle. Total Bummer.

Malus

Still have many more shrines and side quests to do, but I just beat the final boss. I love the hell out of this game, but the story just did not do anything for me. I think BOTW might have the worst main quest storyline out of any of the 3D Zeldas. I'm okay with the basic plot, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I say all this still believing this is the best 3d Zelda. Go figure.
I was also bummed that Zelda wasn't an old-ass lady when I rescued her from Hyrule Castle. Total Bummer.

I think there's a general missed opportunity with how
100 years of waiting for link couldve impacted Zelda and the Champions. They all seemed to be perfectly fine mentally.

I don't think so. I was over 100 hours with two dungeons completed before I met him and he was still in his original spot.

Yes but I'm talking about the 2nd spot he goes to before reaching his end goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom