• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

jedimike said:
We should get some good hands-on impressions over the next two days and even more content on marketplace. I think the information revealed here and at TGS was better than E3.

I think the nature of it, for a lot of reasons, was better. The fact that I personally could get impressions of the sound design of Lost Odyssey and the true nature of Blue Dragon's graphics ON MY TV TODAY makes it a much better show for the gamer on the move.

And, Doom? How did they keep that secret for over a year?!?

I think it was a tremendous coup to have Assassin's Creed playable first at this show, because it was a pretty monumentally awesome demo and now the color green is going to be burned into the backs of our brains whenever we think about it.

I think as stumbly as P.J. was, the things that he actually makes for the 360 could end up being TREMENDOUS as far as potential exclusives go.

And as I've said before, I have no beef with showing teasers of games, whether or not its CG or in game. The reason everybody came out of the show like "OH WOW" was because they were ENTERTAINED. And whether you "approve" of the approach or not, CG teasers are entertaining as hell. PGR4? I have no idea what it's about, but that teaser rocked my dick off. Ditto, obvs, for Halo Wars. The Marvel Universe one was a bit outragously oblique, though.

So, yeah, I really loved the show because it was entertaining as hell for EVERYONE not just the thousand or so people who can be bothered to stand in line and then, Telephone-style, try and convey the nuances of the experiences they just had. A CG teaser is a "target render" for the gaming experience, and that's why I have no ill will towards them. "This is how we want you to FEEL" as opposed to "This is how it looks on the latest build we threw together."

YMMV.

JB1981

MegaTen said:
Almost every video on Marketplace that included gameplay footage.. looked like a slideshow. I realize that most titles are still early in development, but if you're going t show off a game, you might as well wait until you've got the framerate at least 30.. or choose the footage a little more carefully. :lol

Blue Dragon sure as hell didn't. Japanese devs ftw?

Yeah, I think Too Human is on lockdown after its E3 showing, sadly. ;(

jedimike

btw, thx Amir0x and Blim... it was so awesome to show up at GAF after work today and not have to dig through 50 or 60 threads to get some info.

Amir0x

Banned
JB1981 said:
The in-game cut scenes from TGS look just as good.

nah, there's a drop. but it's still amazing.

jedimike said:
btw, thx Amir0x and Blim... it was so awesome to show up at GAF after work today and not have to dig through 50 or 60 threads to get some info.

yw. That's why I do it!

Kuroyume

Banned
I thought some of BD wasn't CG. The parts where it shows Uematsu's name and the name of the other people looks realtime to me. Mmmmm oh well... I never thought CG could fool me. :lol

More small photos of the conference... and the party!

NOT2877_10571.jpg

NOT2878_10577.jpg

NOT2878_10579.jpg

NOT2878_10593.jpg

More:

http://www.latrifuerza.com/web/ficha_noticia.asp?id=2877

http://www.latrifuerza.com/web/ficha_noticia.asp?id=2878

jax (old)

Banned
pretty funny how @ blim's site. The trailers are all broken down by amount of CG... 100% 95%... etc etc

Are there any Banjo III pics?

PleoMax

Banned
Zer0 said:
sure dude..the bioshock one was shown as gameplay

You gotta be shitting me. Just because it was scripted like gameplay...i mean are you ****ing serious? They released a 15 min video 1 week ago, its not like they were trying to fool anyone...unlike some others....cof

Anyway, they didn't pass anything as gameplay.

JB1981 said:
That sounds really, really cool to me.

Ditto. I want to join The School For Gifted Youngsters! Too bad they didn't do this when Morrison was on New X-Men. 3D X-Corp buildings and Quitely Designed X-Jackets FTMFW.

Razoric

Banned
"GRAND THEFT AUTO IV will have two downloadable 'episodes' exclusive to 360, released months after launch. Reportedly each as long in content as Liberty City Stories on PSP."

Holy shit if true.... Ok I guess I'm getting the 360 version (unless PS3 has something extra to offer) :O

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Snaku said:
Really dissapointed that KI didn't show up in any form. At least put the arcade version of KI1 up on XBLA, Rare.

I'd rather they put a REAL fighting game on XBLA. Oh wait, Fatal Fury Special is already hitting XBLA. Hot.

Snaku

Banned
TheTrin said:
I'd rather they put a REAL fighting game on XBLA. Oh wait, Fatal Fury Special is already hitting XBLA. Hot.

And Super Ultra Street Fighter VI Turbo Anniversary Alpha Edition is there too. Taking your bitching for "real" fighters elsewhere.

sangreal

Even Microsoft has no idea wtf Jackson is doing

SEATTLE (AFX) - Microsoft Corp. said Wednesday that it is teaming with 'Lord of the Rings' director Peter Jackson to create content for its Xbox 360, in part to get more mainstream users interested in the company's video game console.

Just don't call these products 'games.'

'I don't want to classify it as a game. I'm hoping to stretch the definition of interactive entertainment to go beyond the game,' said Shane Kim, a corporate vice president in charge of Microsoft Game Studios.

Kim conceded he's not sure what exactly these new 'entertainments' might be.

'I feel like we haven't figured it out, to be honest,' he said.

Whatever they are, Kim said they could include deeper plot lines and more interactive drama, or delivering additional content over time, perhaps through the company's Xbox Live online service.

'It's about making interactive entertainment a mainstream form of entertainment,' Kim said.

Jackson, whose third movie in his Rings trilogy won 11 Oscars, including best director and best film, plans to work with Bungie Studios to create one product based on Microsoft's already popular 'Halo' game, Kim said. Screenwriter Fran Walsh, Jackson's wife, also is on board.

The other product will be aimed at an audience beyond the young men typically associated with video games.

Kim couldn't say when either of Jackson's projects might come out.

Microsoft also said Wednesday that it was working on another 'Halo' game, called 'Halo Wars.' It will be more of a strategy game, rather than the first-person shooter that has typified the series until now.

'Halo Wars' will be in addition to Jackson's creation and the previously announced 'Halo 3,' due out next year.

The company also announced North American and European pricing for its external high-definition DVD player, which will be available in November as an add-on to the Xbox 360.

The player will sell for $199.99 in North America, for 199.99 euros in France and Germany and 129.99 pounds in the United Kingdom.

The DVD player aims to counter functions in Sony Corp.'s upcoming PlayStation 3.
:lol

Snaku

Banned
sangreal said:
Even Microsoft has no idea wtf Jackson is doing

:lol

Why do I get the feeling it'll be some sort of Halo CG animated series downloadable through XBL?

In all likelyhood, it's probably a game adaptation of the Halo film though.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
No, they know what he is doing - they just don't know how to classify it.

You'd have to be pretty close minded to think it's just a XBL animated movie

IJoel

It baffles the mind why MS even announced what Peter Jackson is working on, when they don't have a clue what it is... heck not even Jackson himself knows.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV will have two downloadable 'episodes' exclusive to 360, released months after launch. Reportedly each as long in content as Liberty City Stories on PSP. (1)

What?!?!?!? Holy crap if true. That would be huge for them. I can't wait to hear more about this.

Razoric

Banned
Truelize said:
What?!?!?!? Holy crap if true. That would be huge for them. I can't wait to hear more about this.

Yeah I thought the same thing. So basically 2 episodes, both of which feature as much content as LCS??? Sign me up.

Truelize said:

This was announced at E3, although it made it seem more episodic than just two downloads. Of course, R* could proably keep pumping mission updates out past the two that were announced.

Razoric

Banned
sonycowboy said:
This was announced at E3, although it made it seem more episodic than just two downloads. Of course, R* could proably keep pumping mission updates out past the two that were announced.

Uh I think he was commenting on the fact that these episodes could possibly have as much content as Liberty City Stories EACH. That wasn't announced at E3.

Top Bottom