• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

BigBoss

smokeymicpot said:
Why are they using "A" like that?

Because Ryan Payton left and we're back to crappy engrish in every promotional material that comes out of Kojima Productions.

"Tissue is papercuts"

I am thinking a "next" Metal Gear would mean an all new Metal Gear. Could be a port of MGS4 though and in all honesty that is the most realistic assumption. I would rather see them work on the next Chapter of Metal Gear than to port it over to the X360. Who knows?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The language that makes me suspicious of what it is is the implication that it's the "next" Metal Gear. But I can't really go by that because, well, it's engrish as is.

Wollan

'Kojima and me (art lead) are huge Apple fans' from the documentary included with MGS4.

iPod in MGS4.

MGS for iPhone/iPod touch then.

Shadow780

avcables said:
nazo.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Zzoram

f@luS said:
Could be MGS4 for xbox 360. One year after . Like bioshock. It will have sold like 4+ millions on PS3 already.

They will just dump down many things like audio to fit

Oh noes, the 5.1 we've been used to for a decade instead of uncompressed 7.1

avcables

Banned
Besides my earlier post, I totally called out MGS on iPhone first when this thread had two posts. Just in another place. :D I'm such an iPhone whore now I would totally buy it.

Eteric Rice

Actually yeah, that looks like the Wii's power symbol.

But I'm going to say that was a mistake and it's probably a 360 game.

BigBoss said:
Because Ryan Payton left and were back to crappy engrish in every promotional material that comes out of Kojima Productions.

"Tissue is papercuts"

WTF don't they have a single person who can speak intermediate level English in the whole of MGS Team?

I mean, wtf?

Y2Kev

Eteric Rice said:
Actually yeah, that looks like the Wii's power symbol.

But I'm going to say that was a mistake and it's probably a 360 game.

IT'S. EVERYTHING'S. POWER. SYMBOL.

Ya, this is just Ac!d for iPhone.

Probably going to employ the iPhone motion sensor hence the upside down "!"

Kojima is an Apple nut so it makes sense.

GhaleonEB

Wollan said:
'Kojima and me (art lead) are huge Apple fans' from the documentary included with MGS4.

iPod in MGS4.

MGS Tactics, perhaps, going from the URL. Looks like a safe bet.

Steroyd

h3ro said:
BUT IT'S GREEN. WHY DID THEY PICK GREEN. THIS IS INSANE. WHAT'S GOING ON?

Because when all electronics switch on it shows the colour green.

Damn this thread moves fast. :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wollan said:

iPod in MGS4.

Or... let's just say from now on Solid Snake carries a Zune.

Y2Kev

Oh, it's MGS4 DLC I think.

MGS4専用DLC「ガンズ・オブ・ザ・ヒデチャンラジオ」本放送を開始!

guns of hideochan radio

Metal gear games arent really that good, I certainly dont need a PS3 for one, I like games you can play not 1 minute of gameplay between 6 hours of cutscenes, it didnt even sell that well, I bet it could be on one dvd if they used better programming, the controls are too clunky id rather play something like gears anyway and i cetainly dont regret not being able to play it because i only have a 360 OMGOMFG THERESAPOWERICONLIKEONTHE360 ANDITSGREENOMFGYESALLMYSECRETPRAYERSANSWERED LAWLSPS3HASNOGAMESANYMORE FF13ALLOVERAGAIN

this striking a chord with anyone? MGS4 360 port is going to expose a lot of hypocrites...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
They will just dump down many things like audio to fit

if they are struggling for space they could always just bin acts 3 through 5 ?

X360 owners would get the GOTY level stuff and not have to endure, well, the decent-to-good bits.

duckroll

drohne said:
the phrasing: somehow significant or just engrish? or shit, upside down exclamation mark, maybe it's spanglish

It's significant, trust me.

It reminds us all that Ryan has left Kojima Productions and now there are no native English speakers left there.

dfyb

Banned
the power symbol isn't going to signify a specific platform -- it's on every platform. think more along the lines of

"power"
"on"

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
You know what, I kinda hope it does turn out to be a port just so all the people getting their panties in a bunch about the port talk are owned.

Zzoram

MrNyarlathotep said:
Metal gear games arent really that good, I certainly dont need a PS3 for one, I like games you can play not 1 minute of gameplay between 6 hours of cutscenes, it didnt even sell that well, I bet it could be on one dvd if they used better programming, the controls are too clunky id rather play something like gears anyway and i cetainly dont regret not being able to play it because i only have a 360 OMGOMFG THERESAPOWERICONLIKEONTHE360 ANDITSGREENOMFGYESALLMYSECRETPRAYERSANSWERED LAWLSPS3HASNOGAMESANYMORE FF13ALLOVERAGAIN

this striking a chord with anyone? MGS4 360 port is going to expose a lot of hypocrites...

Perhaps, but this would be a big deal regardless of if those people buy MGS4. It's a mindshare/product image thing.

BigBoss

tahrikmili said:
WTF don't they have a single person who can speak intermediate level English in the whole of MGS Team?

I mean, wtf?

They have a couple of people on the team that speak pretty good english, they were on the podcast a couple of times. Obviously they don't work on translations.

Jonnyram

Y2Kev said:
IT'S. EVERYTHING'S. POWER. SYMBOL.
The PS3's is printed white and never changes colour.
The Wii's also doesn't change colour, because it's printed and not part of the LED.

Plenty people are praying it is not a 360 game, I see.

Top Bottom