• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

cvxfreak

Dante said:
Can someone summarize, what happened here, for those of us that haven't been reading the past 25 pages?

Anita Bang Yu = They're legit and your pre-order is in the system.
Sue Crew Yu = LOL nope, all are getting cancelled.

Who to believe, no one knows.

EDIT: NOW WE KNOW!

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Who to believe, no one knows.

believe me

"Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, your pre-order for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled. Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item. Your pre-order will be cancelled and you will not be charged. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com. Your coupon code is:

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We apply them to your purchases, up to the total purchase amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: 11:59 p.m. (CT), February 5, 2007. This offer is limited to one per customer, excludes gift cards, and is nontransferable. Please review full details below.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us toll free at 1-888 BEST BUY with additional questions.

Thank you for your loyalty,
The Customer Care Team"

GAME OVER :(

ManaByte

Ryu1999 said:
That's not where I was going with it. I did read the 7 posts talking about the holding charges. I meant that even if there's almost no uncertainty that PS3s will sell out on launch day, if they don't cancel these orders they pretty much have a commitment to purchase, and that's better then having to deal with the chaos of huge campfests on the 17th, cause either way the same number of people are getting screwed

Huge camp fests = local news shows up and gives your store free publicity.

sangreal

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, your pre-order for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled. Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item. Your pre-order will be cancelled and you will not be charged. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com. Your coupon code is:

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We apply them to your purchases, up to the total purchase amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: 11:59 p.m. (CT), February 5, 2007. This offer is limited to one per customer, excludes gift cards, and is nontransferable. Please review full details below.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us toll free at 1-888 BEST BUY with additional questions.

The Customer Care Team

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dear Best Buy Customer,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Customer Care Team

**** YOU BB. $10.

mashoutposse said:
believe me

"Dear Best Buy Customer,

The Customer Care Team"

GAME OVER :(

Blech. i just got the same thing.

$10... :(

sangreal

Vincey37 said:
$10...I'll take it.

Yeah, whatever. Not great, but its a free $10. I don't really see any room for the complaining that will no doubt ensue. We knew from the start that it probably wouldn't go through

Won't be buying anything from them again.

Laugh if you want; I don't give a ****. It might not make a difference, but it'll sure as Hell make me feel better.

$10? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Just got the cancellation email as well. Damn!

No big worries though as I'm number 6 at my Gamestop.
Guess I'll wait in line at Walmart if I want a second one.

rut roh

"Dear Best Buy Customer,

edit: day late and a dollar short....again. :(
"

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
And I thought this thread was losing steam. Guess it's gonna power up for the final swan song now that the emails are coming out. Sucks total that this didn't work out for you guys :(.

Snah

Banned
$10 dollars?

F***************CK YOU BEST BUY.

I'm not even going to bother spending your worthless sh***t for money.

You've lost a customer for life.

Deal with it.

And Tony. I hope you get fired.

10 DOLLARS is not a nice gesture. It's a slap in the f***cking face.

I could give two sh*ts about 10 measely worthless best buy bucks.

Snaku

Banned
commish said:
I still maintain my pledge that my magic 8-ball said that they are going to honor the preorders. I can just feeeeelllll it.

kazlaughsmalllb0.gif

sangreal

outunderthestars said:
Works for me. I only ordered to get the coupon I knew they'd send. :)
:lol Me too really. I actually only expected a $5 coupon so I'm not that upset. I gotta admit the $25 coupon got my hopes up though

quin

Not to sound rude but I think it is the truth.
Best Buy doesn't care if you people don't shop there anymore. There are people waiting to take your PS3's from you. Some stores will always say the customer is right and that they will go the extra mile for your business, thats just pr bullshit. High volume stores really only care about getting the product in and getting it out just as fast.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
cvxfreak said:
Commish, you can use my gift card if it makes getting me that much PS3 easier. :D

hahahaha, shhhh, don't remind people. Actually yeah, everyone PM me their gift card.

It would seem that the earnings potential of each system in game and accessory sales outweighed any perceived boycott threat.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now the question is, to camp out in Akiba this weekend or not?

Vard

Bogus. At least they gave us something for our troubles of clicking on a button.

People should PM me if they don't want their coupons!

hyp

chespace said:
WTF, my preorder went through!!

come again? i think most of ours "went through". as in, they're ordered... but best buy is probably going to cancel them.

Like many others have stated, it's the suspense that kills people. If they're going to cancel the orders, just make it swift and get it over with. Don't string people along for 2 days, and then come up with an incredibly weak "apology". Mistake or not, it's my personal opinion that Best Buy should honor all the legitimate orders. By legitimate, I mean the people that didn't go crazy and order 16 systems (yes, one guy on CAG did this). Like someone else has stated, how many people could have possibly gotten in on this "deal"? In my opinion, it's no more than 2,000 people, tops. If you bump everyone down to 1 unit, it can easily be done. I'm willing to bet that Best Buy's total allotment may be over 100,000 units. From what I understand, their allotment for the 360 was around this number last year, and the 360 was even more limited. I can't feel sorry for Best Buy, because they're a HUGE multi-billion corporation, like Amazon and Walmart. Much like Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart have also suffered serious "glitches" as well, how did they handle the pressure? They took responsibilty, and made their customers happy. I'm not saying it would be an easy thing for them to do (although this is what I believe). However, since they don't do pre-orders, as they so eloquently put it, what's the big deal if they have to subtract a unit or two from their stores, to make a couple of thousand people happy? I mean, it's not like those units would have been spoken for, ala TRU and EB Games/Gamestop pre-orders.

Top Bottom