• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, your pre-order for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled. Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item. Your pre-order will be cancelled and you will not be charged. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com. Your coupon code is:

FUDGER MONKEYS

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ps3bbao0.gif

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i was going to use that $10 coupon to order unforgiven on blu ray, but it's still cheaper on amazon

DAMN YOU BEST BUUUUUUUUY

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i love how everyone is so surprised and butt hurt by this. i thought we all saw this coming?

op_ivy said:
i love how everyone is so surprised and butt hurt by this. i thought we all saw this coming?

We saw it coming...then a random employee would tell us different.

Rinse/Repeat about 10000x and you have our weekend in a nutshell.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
op_ivy said:

Yeah, lots of us warned people not to get hopes up early in the thread.

The link was never advertised. In fact, what Best Buy did advertise, was that they would not offer preorders. $10 is more than generous.

If you want to complain to someone, make it Froogle for url mining.

RumFore

Banned
I dont get it. Dont they lose more money this way? I'm not really complaining but why give out $10 coupons when you can just let the orders go through and go in back order status if need be and try to fullfill any orders whenever they get more in stock. Its a win-win situation.

RumpledForeskin said:
I dont get it. Dont they lose more money this way? I'm not really complaining but why give out $10 coupons when you can just let the orders go through and go in back order status if need be and try to fullfill any orders whenever they get more in stock. Its a win-win situation.

This is Big Business.

Making People Cry >>> Profit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
because either they will:
a. Mega-bundle them
b. Let RZ members order them
c. Not take any pre-orders at all

Kangu

Banned
RumpledForeskin said:

They're banking on people using their cupons to purchase more than one item, plus retain business. They're probably making money in fact.

LJ11

RumpledForeskin said:

When BB finally puts the systems for sale online, I expect them to sell bundles only. $10 dollars is nothing when you compare it with the margins they earn on each bundle.

op_ivy

RumpledForeskin said:

not really. those ps3s will sell regardless, and now they have all of us as a customer for *something (to use our coupons). the buisness generated by these likely offsets any loses

NEWSFLASH: BBY rains down pwnage on PS3 hopefuls.

"Pre-orders don't start until BBY say they start," said company spokesman Tony "Blackheart" Vicinni. "Welcome to next-gen, asshats" he added unecessarily.

More at 11:00.

LJ11

Kangu said:
They're banking on people using their cupons to purchase more than one item, plus retain business. They're probably making money in fact.

QFT.

When is BB getting GoW? :lol

Snah

Banned
not really. those ps3s will sell regardless, and now they have all of us as a customer for *something (to use our coupons). the buisness generated by these likely offsets any loses

Correct. They're basically just ass f*cking us.

Snah said:

I was going to buy a movie DVD or something but after these statements now I'm just going to buy something under $10 or as close to $10 as I can get, like blank DVD's or CD's.

Jeff-DSA

Bunch of dickheaded jackasses...screw you Best Buy. I brushed it off when they tried to pull a bait and switch on me two weeks ago, but now I'm going to call them on it.

Ah well, back to finding a place to camp.

op_ivy

Snah said:

eh, i'm better off compared to where i was before this thread was created. now i can get tony hawk or cod3 for 10 bucks cheaper then i otherwise would have :)

of course, my funds arent tied up like some of you folks. now thats pretty shitty.

tgenius

You would think that BB would of cancelled the orders BEFORE they send out this email. As others have said, I'm +10 without leaving my house.

There was a post on Fatwallet about the orders supposedly STILL being good and that the email was sent in error... too funny I tell you. :lol

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
How about this. Everyone who ordered a PS3 in this thread, PM me your Best Buy coupon code, I'll pool them together and purchase a Brand New 1080p Bravia HDTV. I will then choose a name at random from a hat, ignore it, and keep the TV for myself.

Deal?

Snah

Banned
Does anyone honestly give a sh*t about ten dollars?

Seriously folks.

You say you're ahead, but you're not.

That's a sh*tty thing to do as "compensation".

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
379557.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSS DOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEE BAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYBBBAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Under 10 bucks!!! So worth it!!!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Goreomedy said:
If you want to complain to someone, make it Froogle for url mining.
You can't blame froogle for mining a url that was there to mine. Any site admin worth their salt will tell you that you don't rely on security by simple obfuscation. Had this PS3 page been a pageful of customer CC #'s there'd be hell to pay.

Not that I'm suggesting that BB should be forced to honor these preorders, but this is real amateur hour stuff that shouldn't be happening with an outfit like BB and the consequences could have been much worse if the information on this page had been confidential or sensitive in some way. This is no one else but BB's mistake and I'm not sure that anyone should be satisfied with their $10 coupon as penance, esp. given that it probably just ends up positive for them by netting them more sales.

Top Bottom