• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Yeah they just sent the emails out - haven't actually cancelled the orders yet. There's still hope! :lol

lol, if everything else at Bestbuy.com is automated, maybe the preorder system is as well.

So as long as the status itself isn't cancelled, we're still good!

ugh....

those of you with cancellation emails, have you also checked your order status on the bb.com website? i cant check my email at work (blocked), but i checked my orderstatus at the website and still says is "preordered for 11/17"

im keepin my fingers crossed for when i get home :D

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, your pre-order for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled. Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item. Your pre-order will be cancelled and you will not be charged. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com. Your coupon code is
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mine said processing until 10 minutes ago :(. Get ready guys its over!

edit. Actually mine still says processing but its not for much longer.
FU BB and FU sony

you guys who think best buy owes you something because a search engine spidered a page you were not supposed to be on need to stfu and dry your vaginas.

Vard

frAntic_Frog said:
those of you with cancellation emails, have you also checked your order status on the bb.com website? i cant check my email at work (blocked), but i checked my orderstatus at the website and still says is "preordered for 11/17"

My order status still says "preordered"... but I still got the e-mail.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
bracer028 said:
best buy has just lost a customer

i buy dvds from them all the time. now walmart will have all my business

If you would have told bestbuy you were going to do this this morning, they probably would have put our preorders through.

cvxfreak

frAntic_Frog said:

Yes, don't be hopeful.

I'm not sad about this at all. :lol

Just got my cancellation email. My orders are still active, but it is all hopeless now.

Free DVD here I come!

EDIT

Cool Runnings is only $6.99!!!
6305428387.01._PE43_.Cool-Runnings._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Triz

Barry Lightning said:
you guys who think best buy owes you something because a search engine spidered a page you were not supposed to be on need to stfu and dry your vaginas.

forget your pills?

bracer028

**** it...i'm going to shop at best buy one last time so they will lose money on that 10 dollar coupon

**** you best buy **** you sony **** you blu ray

Barry Lightning said:
i dont think said "page" is supposed to withhold or draw money from people's bank accounts if it was indeed a glitch........

ghostmind

Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item.

Didn't I click a "Preorder" button to place this order? WTF was it there for? WTF was the whole page on your site for? Seriously WTF BestBuy...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

IF THE SYSTEM STILL SAYS "PROCESSING" YOU ARE LEGALLY STILL GOOD.

IGNORE THE EMAIL.

Snah

Banned
Everyone send a quick reply to that automated response (or, to a legitimate email -- don't know where to find one) telling them how you feel. It probably won't do shit, but maybe if they get enough angry customers they may prevent this sh*t from atleast happening in the future.

You would think that after this happened with the Xbox 360 last year that they would have learned their lesson. *sigh*.

ManaByte

Barry Lightning said:

That should be the new topic.

Petrarca

Banned
WickedAngel said:
:lol

Some people saying their digital coupons are expired.

We just got ****ed AND they used a sandpaper condom.

ouch that must've been hurt :lol :lol :lol :lol

this thread is gold :lol :lol :lol

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Barry Lightning said:

:lol :lol

Top Bottom