• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

fusoya59

wait, why are we crying about again?

we walked away w/ TEN FREE DOLLARS TO SPEND, instead of LOSING $500+ DOLLARS in the end. props to sonnarat cuz he made me $ 10 richer!

yet, i hear all eff yous and wtfs. wtf?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
bracer028 said:
i'm sick of this ps3 name

i don't care what you guys say...having this ps3 name reminds me of best buys

Odds are in your favor...one of your posts are bound to make sense :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fusoya59 said:
wait, why are we crying about again?

we walked away w/ TEN FREE DOLLARS TO SPEND, instead of LOSING $500+ DOLLARS in the end.

Huh? We paid $500+ for a PS3. How were we losing money in the first place? lol

BIG WOW 10 big ones, who gives a **** about $10? :lol

I think we're gonna need a Best Buy defense force soon

Snah

Banned
we walked away w/ TEN FREE DOLLARS TO SPEND, instead of LOSING $500+ DOLLARS in the end. props to sonnarat cuz he made me $ 10 richer!

Perhaps some people actually wanted a PS3, and didn't want to pay over retail for one?

Even so, if you wanted to, you could sell it for profit and make much more than a lousy $10.

So, in the end, we lose.

10 dollars is shit, and it wasn't worth the hassle.

fusoya59

Wario64 said:
Huh? We paid $500+ for a PS3. How were we losing money in the first place? lol

BIG WOW 10 big ones, who gives a **** about $10? :lol

I think we're gonna need a Best Buy defense force soon

from what i read in my email, the order was cancelled and i will not be charged. in that sense, i saved myself $600+ and gained a $ 10 coupon.

xsarien

daedsiluap
bracer028 said:
how mnay of you would buy xbox's now over ps3 because of this fiasco

Do you really believe the drama you're spewing?

bracer028 said:
that 600 could have made me 1500

I'd post a .gif of the world's smallest violin, but the problem is that there's no such thing as a -1000x-1000 image.

bracer028

no not really...but this thread is hilarious...people are saying the dumbest things like this non-existent tony guy

but ya...i'm still ticked off at best buys...thats for reals

manngc

Finally found the $10 coupon email in my spam folder. At least I got that for free! :)

I'm kinda glad on one side, because I really didn't want to spent $500 +$50 for warranty on the PS3 yet. The easy pre-order thing got the best of me though! :lol

Petrarca

Banned
bracer028 said:
i'm sick of this ps3 name

i don't care what you guys say...having this ps3 name reminds me of best buys

:lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol GAF got p00ned by Best Buy:lol :lol :lol

Yamaha98

Well, I preordered both units of the PS3 so naturally I received two different, $10 discount codes. Can I use them together for GoW?

That would so much make my day because once this thread past the 1hr mark, I never expected this deal to exist from day 1. Especially after all those multiple orders from CAG & FW. :lol

2600 said:
I just got another e-mail from best buy. They cancelled my $10 coupon.

"Dear Employee,

We ****ed you on the Playstation 3 pre-order. We now realize that it's only funny to us if we let automated systems created pre-orders for items we don't have stockpiles of. We sent you a $10 coupon but decided that you're not worth it. You've sucked it hard and now you get to swallow. Bottom's Up Baby."

sangreal

Yamaha98 said:
Well, I preordered both units of the PS3 so naturally I received two different, $10 discount codes. Can I use them together for GoW?

That would so much make my day because once this thread past the 1hr mark, I never expected this deal to exist from day 1. Especially after all those multiple orders from CAG & FW. :lol

Wtf, I ordered both units in separate orders and only received one coupon

Yamaha98

Thanks NeoGAF & Sonarrat! :) With my $20 digital discount, Microsoft's killer-title for this season is a steal.

1 Gears of War - Xbox 360 SKU: 7294652

Scheduled for Ground delivery
Estimated Arrival: 11/8-11/14/2006

Product Total: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Credits (before tax): -$20.00
Tax: $2.00
Order Total (charged to credit card): $41.99

ps- Again, I never expected any PS3's to be shipped from BB but was hoping for something like this.

bracer028 said:
you fat gaming nerds gotta give up man

just take the 10 bucks and leave

as for me...i'm going back to my hobby...paintballing

Actually, most gaming nerds are ridiculously skinny. Get your facts straight.

My hobby is cooler than yours, by the way;

The R6 says Hi2U.

07r6_black_4_d61b3681.jpg

bracer028

you nerds are so funny

i made up that $25 thingy earlier to get everyone's hopes up

man was i cracking up on this side of the computer

oh man hahahaha

WickedAngel said:
"Dear Employee,

We ****ed you on the Playstation 3 pre-order. We now realize that it's only funny to us if we let automated systems created pre-orders for items we don't have stockpiles of. We sent you a $10 coupon but decided that you're not worth it. You've sucked it hard and now you get to swallow. Bottom's Up Baby."

Wow, your e-mail was much harsher than the one I got. Mine just said 'No Coupons for fat gaming nerds.'

*shrugs*

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
bracer028 said:
you nerds are so funny

oh man hahahaha

I probably had sex with your girlfriend last night.... I was wasted, she was ugly.

Dead

well not really...yet
commish said:
I've consulted my magic 8-ball, and it says that our orders will not be cancelled.

If Best Buy cancels our orders, I'll buy everyone in this thread a PS3. That's how confident I am in my magic 8-ball! :)
YOU

Time to hold up your end of the bargain. :mad:

Malleymal said:
I probably had sex with your girlfriend last night.... I was wasted, she was ugly.

Let's leave mommas out of this, mmmk?

By the way, if you guys want to annoy BestBuy;

Address available for Best Buy Headquarters in the Better Business Bureau Database:
Best Buy - Headquarters Location
1000 W 78th St
Richfield, MN 55423

Address of the Better Business Bureau that handles Best Buy Headquarters:
Better Business Bureau
(Saint Paul, MN)
2706 Gannon Road
Saint Paul, MN 55116-2600
Phone: (651)699-1111
Fax: (651)699-7665
Email: ask@mnd.bbb.org
Web: http://www.mnd.bbb.org

EMAIL TONIGHT!!!

LET'S MAKE SURE THEY GET THE MESSAGE EARLY TOMORROW!!

bracer028

hahaha ur so funny

to be honest, i don't even play games any more

haven't played a game or completed a game in 5 years

i only wanted the ps3 so i can sell it and make some cash

get myself a cartier watch or an armani/burberry/hugo suit

but oh well...

ManaByte

bracer028 said:
you nerds are so funny

oh man hahahaha

Ok, you can die now.

Yamaha98

WickedAngel said:
Actually, most gaming nerds are ridiculously skinny. Get your facts straight.

My hobby is cooler than yours, by the way;

The R6 says Hi2U.

07r6_black_4_d61b3681.jpg

Nice YZF-R6, too bad the '07 model is not available yet. :lol

manngc

Yamaha98 said:
Thanks NeoGAF & Sonarrat! :) With my $20 digital discount, Microsoft's killer-title for this season is a steal.

ps- Again, I never expected any PS3's to be shipped from BB but was hoping for something like this.
You can STACK the damn things?!! That's be AWESOME!

Yamaha98 said:
Nice YZF-R6, too bad the '07 model is not available yet. :lol

I know. I have an 06 but it's basically the same thing (The big revision came last year, as I'm sure you know). Mine is Raven Black though (Not Charcoal...but I'd love a Charcoal colored one).

Pimpwerx

Meh, got my cancellation email. Yay! A free $10. I hope I remember it when I order from BB in the future. No biggy, I was questioning the wisdom of spending the money right now, but now I don't have to worry anymore. It would have been a lot cooler if they'd honored it though. :D PEACE.

Dead said:
YOU

Time to hold up your end of the bargain. :mad:

"if he backs out, call the BBB!" :lol

Edit: I'd also like to echo Yamaha's statement.

Even though I'm crying myself to sleep tonight in the fetal position because I won't get a PS3, I DID receive 10 dollars from Best Buy while tasting my own tears.

Thanks NeoGAF & Sonarrat!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
bracer028 said:
you fat gaming nerds gotta give up man

just take the 10 bucks and leave

as for me...i'm going back to my hobby...paintballing

so let me get this straight:

you were willing to plunk down 600 bucks for a gaming console, and now since you might not be able to get one on day 1, you're bowing out of the game. You're done with video games now over this. Not to mention that you were apparently so fed up that you would never shop at best buy again, and didn't even want to hear the name "ps3", yet you're telling everyone else to settle down? And above all, you weren't even going to play the system, you're intentions were to sell it.

I keep trying to play out in my head the thought process you must have went through, and I just come up blank. I try to visualize what your brain looks like and the only thing I see is the bottom of a chili pan.

Top Bottom