• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

What a fascinating story. I still feel this is some seriously shady practice however. One guy drawing some pictures, then cropping them later, and saying "Hey Cubed, new game coming!" is pretty dubious.

Lee N

Membre
jesusraz said:
True to my word, here's the response from Nibris' PR guy:

"Of course - our graphic artist - Marek Okon - "Omen" (designer of ROTR and Children of th Night) sometimes puts some of his on this site - it is nothing unusual. Btw, he is a winner of many contests."
Doesn't change anything. As far as I'm concerned Nibris are BS until they actually release a game, or at the very least show something playable.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
sp0rsk said:
umu umu.

Also, tell the pr guy NeoGAF's sp0rsk wants to interview him for the site.

I wanna settle this.

FWIW, I tried to interview them for most of last year, and they gave me an epic runaround.

Vagabundo said:
The jury is still out, but:

GAF <------:lol :lol :lol :lol

Bookmarked for my next Nibris Idiot Roundup post, sweetcheeks.

jesusraz

sp0rsk said:
Also, tell the pr guy NeoGAF's sp0rsk wants to interview him for the site.

I wanna settle this.

sp0rsk, why don't you PM me with your email address, or at least some burning questions you want answering and I can pass them on. Or, in fact, just email whatever you want to me... :)

That doesn't make any sense.

Hey, I'm going to use art that I made for a completely different purpose and crop it, and somehow it'll mesh perfectly with this concept game!

What?

Did the artist ever respond?

alistairw

jesusraz said:
sp0rsk, why don't you PM me with your email address, or at least some burning questions you want answering and I can pass them on. Or, in fact, just email whatever you want to me... :)

I think the point is that he wanted to do it himself. Which is, you know, pretty reasonable.

sp0rsk said:

Fuck knows why.

Vagabundo

alistairw said:
Bookmarked for my next Nibris Idiot Roundup post, sweetcheeks.

Hey no fair, I'm laffing at GAF ownage, not rooting for Nibris.

I doubt we'll ever see anything, but you never know. DS games arnt that expensive to create.

I think the point is that he wanted to do it himself. Which is, you know, pretty reasonable.

As most journalists, when you have an deep throat you dont just share it.

Raist

Banned
jesusraz said:

Er...

alistairw

Vagabundo said:
Hey no fair, I'm laffing at GAF ownage, not rooting for Nibris.

Eh, okay. Point taken. I don't think it's anything even approaching ownage though.

jesusraz

alistairw said:

Yeah, I understand that. I was just giving him other options should they fail to respond to him directly (a situation others seem to have been faced with).

Vagabundo

alistairw said:
Eh, okay. Point taken. I don't think it's anything even approaching ownage though.

Yeah, it would have been better if there was another few pages of outrage at the "stolen" art, before Spork got to the bottom of it. Still , I was laughing at silly GAF.

E-mail interview is no good. Can't do anything with that.

Murder, Death, Kill?

alistairw

jesusraz said:
Yeah, I understand that. I was just giving him other options should they fail to respond to him directly (a situation others seem to have been faced with).

Come on man, surely you can see why that's an issue...

JonathanEx said:
PR Contact: Piotr Or&#322;owski
p.orlovsky@nibris.net

Last I heard, he'd left the company, or was sick for three months, or something.

Vagabundo

Borys said:
That would be me... doing my job :)

deerhunteravatar0vc.jpg

jesusraz

alistairw said:
Come on man, surely you can see why that's an issue...

Of course I do. But what can I do about it, seriously? If they only choose to do email-based interviews that's their call (possibly because of their level of English, who knows?). If Piotr isn't responding to emails (he's the one that posts on Cubed³ normally, although it seems to be a shared account), then email Radek on media@nibris.net and ask if something can be sorted out.

Borys

Banned
Ok, I asked Omen for permission to post his PM here, so far no reply.

Anyway I PMed sp0rks with a screen and a transcript of his response.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Borys said:
Ok, I asked Omen for permission to post his PM here, so far no reply.

Anyway I PMed sp0rks with a screen and a transcript of his response.

I don't see any pms

EBCubs03

Banned
Uh, all that art just makes them seem a lot more unprofessional and thus a lot less "real".. Even if the deviant art account owners say they're making them for their games. Just trying to look at this objectively..

I don't get this thread, summary please

Nibris - We have a DS game in the works!
GAF - Show us Sadness, or we make with the jokes.
Nibris - Hay, we got concept art!
GAF - Hey, whut?
Borys - Hay, that art not theirs! I know polish artist, is awesome, I'll ask him.
GAF - Kill something. Cubed or jesusraz?
jesusraz - I got fooled, let me ask them.
GAF - k we wait
Jesusraz - They say artist put his fun art up on website.
GAF - ???
Borys - I have response, asking for permission to post, here you go Sp0rk.
Sp0rk - I don't got its.
GAF - Borys am traitor!1! We am kid. Now we wait for megatons. Fake so we laugh? Or real and sucky so we laugh more?

Edit:

Sp0rk - lololololol i know something llolololololol

Borys

Banned
Got permission from Omen to post his response on GAF.

Now should or shouldn't I?

:)

BTW He is monitoring this thread now.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
sp0rsk said:
I can't say anything because I don't want to get anyone fired or anything, but GAF wins on this one.

GAF WINS

japanesegamesshowwithwii.gif

edit: Borys POST NOW!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
All I know is that I get to either see an amusing thread investigating a fake game studio, OR I get to buy another Wii game eventually.

Either way, things are "looking good".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom