• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Hey,

thanks for being aware. There must have been some misunderstanding. Generally I work with Nibris doing concept art for Sadness and ROTR. Those three pics Nibris used in their NDS game promo I gave to Nibris only as a sample of my gallery and in what atmosphere I would see a horror game for the NDS to look like. I don't really know why Nibris or Cubed3 released those artworks without my authorization, because they were intended for intranet only. Seems like one big shit :/

Overall, nothing bad happened, I'll try to straighten out some people. Cubed3 should write an apology soon.

Thanks again,
Cheers

His name

Name Hidden to protect the innocent.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
This is what I love about GAF - they're excellent at uncovering stuff like this.

Go on, show 'em who's boss!

EDIT: Well at least we know there's one scam in the works. Does he know anything at all about the progress of Sadness, or do they just pester him saying "LOL we want a wolf this time, draw for us monkey!"?

Hope they pay him well for this at least...

Zenith

Banned
Raist said:
And no comment on recycling artworks that have nothing to do with this supposedly new DS game, and that are more than 1 year old ?

still waiting to hear from jesusraz on this.

they went through a year old folder of concept art, pulled some random ones out and cried "new game am here".

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
DavidDayton said:
So, possibilities so far:

a) Nibris doesn't exist and Cubed3 made it all up for traffic.

b) Nibris is a scam (a couple of Polish kids having fun with Cubed3) and Cubed3 fell for it.

c) Nibris is a hopeful bunch of computer geeks who WANT to develop for the Wii and DS, and though they could fake themselves into a contract. Cubed3 didn't notice this.

d) Nibris is real, but in the early stages of work, and they stupidly hired an artist who pawned off existing art OR his other stuff to them... and they never noticed.

e) Nibris is somehow real and... the art is real... somehow....maybe.... er.... the polish art site guy stole them and backdated the images? ;)

f) Nibris is a group of folks who got an actual artist to give them art, the pawned it off as game designs.

I knew I forgot something.

Borys

Banned
OUTSP0RSK'ED, damn!

Here's his second response to my question should I post his first response on GAF:

Go ahead, I am monitoring this forum [NeoGAF] now so I can straighten out things myself if people there won't believe me. But I wouldn't like to post there till the very end cause knowing life it will make things even more complicated.

Thanks for noticing this whole case

Cheers
His Name

Lobster

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
So, uh...

What? So, they exist? But, are they or are they not making a game? I don't get it, someone make it funny and epic.

The artworks were just part of his resume.

Raist

Banned
Zenith said:
still waiting to hear from jesusraz on this.

they went through a year old folder of concept art, pulled some random ones out and cried "new game am here".

Well you have the answer right up there.

nibris & cubed & winning team :lol

Haunted

GAF wins. :lol

Seems like one big shit :/
At least one Nibris employee has the right idea.

Zenith said:
'Questionable' and 'shady' might be too generous here. It looks like a scam.

f) Nibris is a group of folks who got an actual artist to give them art, the pawned it off as game designs.
pretty much.

Zozz

Banned
Oh god, prove you are actually real before you start announcing new game after one another.

Nibris - In full color :lol :lol

sprsk

mikangaf.jpg

NEOGAF P.D.

Raist

Banned
So now the question is...

Did nibris really give those artworks to cubed, or did someone from cubed dug this artist's work and posted those artworks without any permission ? :D

sprsk

Raist said:
So now the question is...

Did nibris really give those artworms to cubed, or did someone from cubed dug this artist's work and posted those artworks without any permission ? :D

This is probably all the work of Nibris.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
:Motorbass said:
Anyways, YOUR ARTWORK ROCKS, "His Name"!

Yes most definitely agree on that part, I've added you on DeviantArt watch now, "His Name".

He shall be henceforth known as The Nameless Artist, POLINKI! Unless he already has a name, in which case don't worry about it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Before I post this I think we shouldn't take this out of Cubed3, they are innocent victim in this as is the artist.

and as I say that...

5yju8ms.gif

Raist

Banned
I really wonder why they don't just update their website, instead of giving infos to cubed only.

It hasn't been updated for over a year now.

DDayton

sp0rsk said:
This is probably all the work of Nibris.

The thing is... if he IS doing art for them (in theory), I can see someone grabbing his art and using it for promo art. It's dishonest, but it's not the same as swiping something from a stranger... this doesn't necessarily disprove Nibris being an actual development team, but it does make it.... more odd.

jesusraz

Once again: how annoying. No point me investigating this then, since you guys appear to have all bases covered. Shame they released the images without the correct permissions. I sure as hell wasn't to know, but rest assured the art will be taken down when this is all 100% sorted out. No problem...I don't like being deceived, as I know none of you lot do.

sprsk

DavidDayton said:
The thing is... if he IS doing art for them (in theory), I can see someone grabbing his art and using it for promo art. It's dishonest, but it's not the same as swiping something from a stranger... this doesn't necessarily disprove Nibris being an actual development team, but it does make it.... more odd.

I doubt cubed knew this was the guy.

Rezbit

VOOK said:
Before I post this I think we shouldn't take this out of Cubed3, they are innocent victim in this as is the artist.

and as I say that...

5yju8ms.gif

:lol :lol Brilliant work VOOK! So, I guess all that is left to unwind is from the source itself...we need an answer from NIBRIS!

DDayton

sp0rsk said:
I doubt cubed knew this was the guy.

Oh, no, I didn't mean that. I meant that I could see "Nibris" taking prior work by the guy and distributing it to promote their "game".

The thing is, none of this makes any sense. If they went ahead and GOT a guy to agree to do art once, WHY swipe/misrepresent it later?

This almost seems too stupidly complicated to be a scam. I could more readily see a group of guys ("TEAM NIBRIS") with little or no experience running anything creating this sort of chaos, though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Raist said:
I really wonder why they don't just update their website, instead of giving infos to cubed only.

Because giving info exclusively to cubed makes them feel special, so they eagerly run with it without asking too many questions, and thus these clowns get more exposure than if they just put it up on their own site that hardly anyone would check (not that cubed is a hugely popular site or anything..but popular enough to see threads created on GAF).

Either that, or cubed is in cahoots with them, seeing the benefit exclusive news, be it fake or not (see my advice in that videogames blog thread: make shit up).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DavidDayton said:
We should start a NeoGAF Wii development team.

Just like Nibris am right?

Oh noes guys we got the ww.nibrisdefenceforce.com riled up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom