• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: nobody likes it

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Hype gauge: Are you in or are you out?

• I'm in

• I'm out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quantum253

I got the whole Anthem vibe from it. With a cross between Marvel's Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not sure how this game will be received but it might follow suit of those aforementioned

Arsic

It'll sink or swim based off of what releases before/after it within that short window.

For me I think the game looks great and I would be playing as Boomerang primarily.

However, June 2nd is Diablo 4 early pre order and SF6. This game releases May 26th. Prior to it I really want to play Redfall at this point since it's free on gamepass, and Darkest Dungeon 2 looks good, also in May prior to it.

It's release window is just bad for me. July has nothing. MUCH better month to bring this out without competition.

I can't think of a more disappointing example of wasting of a great developers talents aside from Anthem and Bioware. Except this is worse because Rocksteady would've been a guarantee for a great single player game whereas Bioware had already started to make questionable games

What a damn disappointment. It could still be good ....for a gaas type of game, but fuck that I like single player games free from trend chasing battle passes, always online bullshit.

7-8 years without a Rocksteady game and now this. Imagine if they had this time to make something similar to their previous games ...

Chukhopops

On one hand the gameplay looks interesting, I like the mobility and the Crackdown vibe with the superjumps.

Problem is I find the setting detrimental to the game since I give zero shit about the DC/Marvel stuff. All it produces is terrible, predictable stories in my opinion.

I also think Redfall is all the shooting I need for this year.

Disappointed and surprised it is almost like Gotham knights. I figured the reception to that game would make sure this game wasn't that similar but it's almost identical. Not sure why they decided to make almost the same game twice???
It feels like they just wasted rocksteadys talents, and time.

Its releasing between Zelda and Street Fighter 6 which is rough ...

But you also have to keep in mind that its a live service game and it can still have legs long after it gets released and if its a good game that gets consistent support.
only if they don't get chopped off at the gate. tho i guess it's possible people could 'rediscover' the game down the line, when it's cheap. maybe...

Shubh_C63

I will definitely play it for the story but currently not too hot to drop launch money on this.

Shooting purple blobs might get tiresome really fast

TwinB242

I saw this image floating around on Twitter and It immediately turned me off from the game. They might as well just rename it to 'GaaS: The Game' at this point. Its so far removed from everything I liked about Batman....

FpvKq3zWAAMOTfz

I can't think of a more disappointing example of wasting of a great developers talents aside from Anthem and Bioware. Except this is worse because Rocksteady would've been a guarantee for a great single player game whereas Bioware had already started to make questionable games

What a damn disappointment. It could still be good ....for a gaas type of game, but fuck that I like single player games free from trend chasing battle passes, always online bullshit.

7-8 years without a Rocksteady game and now this. Imagine if they had this time to make something similar to their previous games ...

This game might be a studio killer. Warner Games is flush from Harry Potter, but Warner overall is losing so much money. Closing an expensive studio might be on the horizon to cut costs. Sad ending for a studio that impacted how games were made.

Hopefully whatever talent they have left is picked up by other studios quickly.

Labolas

1.) I'm tired of Suicide Squad and especially Harley being in everything. 2.) I'm tired of the old trope the superheroes being evil. 3.) It being online always and essentially being a Gaas completely turned me off.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm not bothered about this, I think partly because the characters are nothing to me, that's before you get into the elements of the game that aren't so interesting.

Kikorin

First trailer left me perplexed, but still I had some hopes since Rocksteady made great games with Batman IP. This one killed the hype completely for me, is everything I hate in modern gaming put together with characters I don't care about.

I would have expected some great single player campaign, but Gaas will probably mean smartphone like shit progression, grinding, boring quest, etc...

Unless my impression is completely wrong, I've zero interest in it right now.

has this been in dev for 9 years? ouch.
I'm counting from release of Arkham Knight. Even if the game was in full development for 5-6 years (they had another game in development which was cancelled), we're still waited almost 9 for Rocksteady's new game.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Its gonna bomb like gotham knights and saints row woke reboot, or marvels avengers, hell graphics and especially gameplay looks worse from marvels avengers even, and that was total shit

Captiosus

Yeah, I'm out. I'm bored to tears with the GaaS bullshit model. Over a decade of the same color coded loot rarity nonsense. Tired of the treadmills and the shoot-the-weak-spot bullet sponges. Burned by launch Destiny 1, launch Destiny 2, Anthem, and The Avengers (and, while not a shooter, I'm adding Godfall to this list). Not going to spend $70 just for the same reskinned crap with poorly conceived DC characters this time.

At least Avengers gave us some characters with different combat styles. They weren't all just using guns. Iron Man didn't play like Hulk, for example. This game gives us four completely different characters but says "fuck it, they all use the same guns with similar dash mechanics and slightly different specials". What an absolute fucking let down. Especially from Rocksteady after their Arkham series.

Incidentally, this is the same reason I'm not feeling very enthused about Redfall. After the latest preview where it was clear it was just a big map, coop looter shooter with towers to take an districts to reclaim my interest in it nosedived.

Last edited:

Captiosus

Do we know this to be sure?

I mean, if it's bad, by all means boycott it. But at least let it be confirmed?

Have you not been paying attention this last week?

Both of these things were officially confirmed after the State of Play.
You must be connected to the internet to play the game and it will have a premium "cosmetics only" Battle Pass.

So yes, we "know this to be sure".

Mr.Phoenix

I watched that shit, and it just didn't make sense to me. Everyone was just humping around doing target practice.

Last edited:
There was just way to much going on in the State of Play trailer where you feel overwhelmed whilst not even playing it.

I bet that if they took a slower approach and started with the character traversing the city and taking in the Metropolis atmosphere would have done a much better job.

The fact that they didn't do that makes me feel like the entire city took a step to the back and that will come down to being a huge loss since the atmospheric city is the reason why people loved the previous games from Rocksteady.

PeteBull

It’s not a third person cinematic slow paced adventure. It’s only logical Neogaf is disgruntled.
its anthem with villans from suicide squad, man, u dont need to be rocketscientist to recognise how bad this game gonna be, same way we could tell right away after bigger gameplay showcase and later round of previews with hogwarts legacy, that game gonna be at least solid.
For veteran players (can only give my example, gaming for well over 30 years including arcades, over 30years from my first console)its not hard to recognise if game is total shit or has potential, we just need to see longer snippets of gameplay, add all the awful info we got bombarded on top(gaas, coop multiplayer, cosmetics) and u can add 2 to 2, in this case 2+2 doesnt equal 4 but game which gonna bomb hard af :p

Its combo of anthem and fortnite gameplay masked as batman arkham series sequel by marketing.

KungFucius

Fuck this game. I would be in for another Batman even though they never were as good as the first one, they were still fun. This is a shitty waste of resources.

Top Bottom