• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds Next Gen Port/Remaster announced, titled “The Spacer’s Choice Edition”

simpatico

We're selling remasters before sequels now? Seems like a weird thing to dump resources in. Wonder if this is a product of weird bad management at MSGS. "Hey we've got 30 people with nothing to do for 9 months. What can we do..." The game itself was only good insofar as making me think with a bigger budget, they could make an actually cool game. This was like a proof of concept. Weird thing to remaster... before the sequel even. Gaming Journalists: investigate dis.

Last edited:

Captiosus

So this new version is the only way to get the new visual look? There won't be an upgrade path?
Unfortunately the upgrade path only exists for people who already own the original and all the DLCs. Then you can upgrade for the lower price. Otherwise, your only option is buying at full MSRP.

Rox598

Unfortunately the upgrade path only exists for people who already own the original and all the DLCs. Then you can upgrade for the lower price. Otherwise, your only option is buying at full MSRP.

Lulz i can't see this selling very well if that's the case.

Three

Out of curiosity, how much is the dlc? Could be 'the upgrade path' for those who own it.
Edit: Nevermind I see that there is a discount for owners without the DLC anyway.

Last edited:

kuncol02

We're selling remasters before sequels now? Seems like a weird thing to dump resources in. Wonder if this is a product of weird bad management at MSGS. "Hey we've got 30 people with nothing to do for 9 months. What can we do..." The game itself was only good insofar as making me think with a bigger budget, they could make an actually cool game. This was like a proof of concept. Weird thing to remaster... before the sequel even. Gaming Journalists: investigate dis.
Jesus Christ. It'n not even published by Microsoft for God's sake. If it's made by Obsidian then they probably were contracted to do that even before acquisition.

Are the next-gens powerful enough to simulate long female hair? ;)
Maybe, but you won't be getting it because females with long hair are sexist and racist. So instead they'll offer you a terribly designed trans person with short hair, 200kg body and wheelchair bound. /s

Last edited:

Filben

Really enjoyed the game, the dialogues, combat and quests and skills and perks. Not owning the DLC yet.

I wish there was a upgrade path for it, like get the expansion pass with this new release together.

I'm not sure if I wanted to spend ten Euro on better visuals and AI. Then again I paid 10 EUR for the GT7 PS5 upgrade that significantly lowered loading time by the factor 8. Felt worth it, although as a PC player I'm still kind of baffled to pay extra so the software can utilise better hardware.

Imagine upgrading your PC and in order to increase fps, resolution and loading times coming from HDD to SSD you'd have to pay extra on the software.

Seems weird, but this is consoles.

Last edited:

kuncol02

That's dog shit. So they're forcing me to buy DLC that I don't want just so I can play the base game on the new hardware. Yea no thanks.
But you can already play base game on new hardware. That's remaster not some backward compatibility port.

Maybe, but you won't be getting it because females with long hair are sexist and racist. So instead they'll offer you a terribly designed trans person with short hair, 200kg body and wheelchair bound. /s
Look of characters in this game was budget related. You didn't realized that literally every person in that game had same head with same face structure?

Roberts

Nice. I have the base game and both DLCs so I will probably upgrade. There were things that annoyed me about the game, but I liked it a lot and DLCs were great.

Last edited:
But you can already play base game on new hardware. That's remaster not some backward compatibility port.

Look of characters in this game was budget related. You didn't realized that literally every person in that game had same head with same face structure?
I knew I should have specified I know I can play the PS4 version. I'm talking about this upgraded version. Let me upgrade my base game only. They're just being greedy forcing purchase of the DLC.

Last edited:

Yeh the game certainly isn’t a looker. Had fun with it when it released. It also isn’t the best game ever made. Wonder why it needs a remake so soon unless they overhaul the graphics, gameplay and complete story.

kyussman

I hope this lot sort themselves out for Avowed because although I enjoyed aspects of this game the fucking item pick ups were totally pointless....the game was filled with shit to pick up and none of it was of any fucking use at all....other than the odd health refill I had zero use for any of the items in this game,I just shot everything dead easily(and that was on hard difficulty).If you are going to make an rpg make all the stuff you put in the game have an actual use ffs.

GymWolf

Does this fix the fugly character designs?
Nah, now they are Just fugly in Higher res

towsce-announce-screenshot07-1677508153821_7r9u.1080.jpg

StueyDuck

Does it make the game fun?

This was definitely one of the bigger disappointments the year it released.

I hope starfield is everything this game wasn't

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone clarify this for me, yes I see the tweets above but they're not clear.

- If I have the base game downloaded via game pass. And then I buy the DLC for it. - Will that make me eligible to upgrade to the new verison ?

Or do I need to have an owned copy, not a game pass copy, of the game to do the above ?

Laptop1991

Can someone clarify this for me, yes I see the tweets above but they're not clear.

- If I have the base game downloaded via game pass. And then I buy the DLC for it. - Will that make me eligible to upgrade to the new verison ?

Or do I need to have an owned copy, not a game pass copy, of the game to do the above ?
I think you have to own a copy and the dlc.

SF Kosmo

The Trigglypuff
Yeah, no. If I could have upgraded the GamePass release for $10, I would have given them some money, but if they think I'm paying $50 for a years old game that's on GamePass, they're delusional.

b0uncyfr0

Crazy idea - wait for it to drop ; check out a few reviews, then make a decision.

If you didnt like the game, i dont think the visuals are gonna change it that much.

Played this when it came out originally. I think the most annoying thing to me was there wasn’t any romance options, not that the character models were that great anyways, but it felt pretty weird you could do a romance side quest for an NPC (for Parvati), but not yourself. Couple that with the fact that it doesn’t take much to get every “everybody is happy now” quest conclusion and the game didn’t really seems to have much meat to it.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Played this when it came out originally. I think the most annoying thing to me was there wasn’t any romance options, not that the character models were that great anyways, but it felt pretty weird you could do a romance side quest for an NPC (for Parvati), but not yourself. Couple that with the fact that it doesn’t take much to get every “everybody is happy now” quest conclusion and the game didn’t really seems to have much meat to it.
The worst part is that the romance plot seems so out of place in this game. Like they started with this overwhelmingly cynical & satirical story, then the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion team added Parvati’s quest to meet their propaganda quota.

Why else would they even put this ridiculous quest in the game:
- Parvati gets a crush on some female engineer
- she confides in you that she’s a lesbian but she’s also asexual and she’s worried that her crush won’t be okay with that
- you encourage her to ask her crush out on a date anyway and explain her feelings
- she goes ahead with it and everything works out perfectly fine with no conflict

knocksky

Yeah, no. If I could have upgraded the GamePass release for $10, I would have given them some money, but if they think I'm paying $50 for a years old game that's on GamePass, they're delusional.
What, the upgraded version is not on gamepass?

Top Bottom