• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "whoops" official Halo 3 thread of BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

sp0rsk already apologized, shit happens, move on.

Teknopathetic, how can we BELIEVE with that review in the op now?

Darkpen

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
i guess you guys (mods) are havin a real laugh about this. but this shit is not funny. i guess maybe i partly feel that way because that sex tape sucked, just like every celebrity sex tape does...
XD it was ok, though I was shocked by her pudginess in comparison to her other photos.

Xekrn

Banned
Whoever pressed the delete button, dude you just went a bit too far.

A little part inside my heart died... :/

Borys

Banned
Look at all those Halo fans crying and lynching Tre.

Jesus it's all fun and games you'll get your thread back.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol at the conspiracy theorists.

Get a grip guys. Sometimes shit fucking happens.. and having a thread peak 400 pages within 3 weeks might just tip the balance.

Wolffen

electricpirate said:
This is a joke, changing a thread title 5 times caused the DB to wipe an entry is unthinkably bad DB design. It's one field in one tuple, not some complex operation.

As the thread and all posts in it should have pointed to a thread_id field in the database, and not the thread title, the likelihood of a thread being wiped out due to a title change is very low. That change would happen in one or two tables in the db, and that's it. It's not like the thread title is stored in every post of every thread. If the thread is actually gone, it's because someone deleted it, not because they kept changing a single field in a single table.

Darkpen

Banned
McBacon said:
Yotsubatodance-animated.gif

"Look at all those Halo fans crying and lynching Tre.

Jesus it's all fun and games you'll get your thread back."

I'm hearing it's not looking too likely :/.

Teknopathetic said:
Um it would appear that the multiple thread title changes caused a flub in the database axing the original thread. So close to 20k posts too.

anyway, official Halo 3 thread is GO.

Um, I haven't been keeping track but just to kick the thread off, here's the first review I found.

Reviews:

http://www.quartertothree.com/inhouse/news/365/

"What bothers me most is that Bungie still can't tell a story worth a damn. Because it's an established franchise with enormous hype, this is going to be a huge game. Like Metroids and Zeldas, it'll get unswervingly positive reviews from people who wouldn't know narrative from nonsense, people who make sweeping misguided assumptions about the average guy jumping online and having a grand ol' time getting teabagged and called a faggot. And for those average guys and the occasional average girls, whether they play online or not, this single player story will be the face of gaming: as retarded, confusing, and juvenile as ever."

"It's no wonder Halo isn't exactly a hot movie prospect. At this point, it's nothing but a suit of armor, a set of guns, and a handful of supporting characters. Alex Garland's rejected script had some nice moments between Master Chief (unmasked, by the way) and Cortana. Bungie has no concept of this as anything beyond a convenient device. "Always protect her, Chief," a dying character says about Cortana, who is, umm, just an AI, so like, what's the big deal?"

Alright, keep all complaints and disappointments in this thread.

You delete the original thread. Fine. Whatever. That's GAF I suppose.

But then go and replace it with this?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am with Borys on this one. The thread will be back.

Teknopathetic said:
"Look at all those Halo fans crying and lynching Tre.

Jesus it's all fun and games you'll get your thread back."

I'm hearing it's not looking too likely :/.

Then again, maybe not. :(

Highly unprofessional.

Tieno

Borys said:
Look at all those Halo fans crying and lynching Tre.

Jesus it's all fun and games you'll get your thread back.
Joke or not, I'd just like to talk about Halo, especially this close to release and with the short just released and all this tomfoolery isn't helping.

Borys

Banned
I'm not exactly a 360 lover but it would be pretty and I mean PRETTY fishy if the old thread didn't come back soon.

At least Ghaleon's work is saved via Google archive web.

HomShaBom

Banned
Tieno said:
Joke or not, I'd just like to talk about Halo, especially this close to release and with the short just released and all this tomfoolery isn't helping.
You're in the official thread. Talk about it.

speedpop

mysticstylez said:
I smell foul play. Probably some mod is a Smash Bros. fanboy, and didn't want to see Halo 3 surpass the Brawl thread.
Seriously quit it. Judging by the "thread changes = shit breaks loose" explanation, the Smash Bros. thread will cop it in the next thread change or so. Here's a box of tissues to wipe those tears.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I just tried to restore and instead of restoring the thread it brought up the "user bannings" page Tré...

What have you done? :/

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
cartoon_soldier said:
At first I thought the title change was funny to the original thread but yeah, this now is just some pretty low level shit right here.
4xy0rkp.gif

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Kuroyume said:
Weren't you giving us impressions of the game in the last thread? Why don't you check out for yourself?

I don't know anything about Halo dude, I'm just playing and its always 4v4, maybe I'm mising something or it's just a small teams game, I dunno!

BigFwoosh

Tieno said:
Joke or not, I'd just like to talk about Halo, especially this close to release and with the short just released.
/agree

It is sad to lose the original thread, but we should get back on track. So much to talk about, so little time left!

speedpop

Holy shit some of you guys are in complete meltdown crisis. Calm the heck down. The thread is still here.

speedpop said:
Seriously quit it. Judging by the "thread changes = shit breaks loose" explanation, the Smash Bros. thread will cop it in the next thread change or so. Here's a box of tissues to wipe those tears.

Wow dude take a fuckin joke.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Then about that barrow the battle-keen rode,
atheling-born, a band of thousands,
lament to make, to mourn their Official Halo 3 Thread of Believe,
chant their dirge, and their GhaleonEB honor.
They praised his earlship, his acts of URL linkage
worthily witnessed: and well it is
that men their master-friend mightily laud,
heartily love, when hence the thread goes
from life in the body forlorn away.

Haunted

Tieno said:
Exactly! Tieno has the right idea - the thread doesn't need to be 400 pages long to talk about the game, does it?

As long as the good OP is going to be salvaged, it's all good.
Could still be a joke, though, who knows ;)

Too bad my friend's 360 red ringed a couple days ago - I hope it's been repaired in time, or at least ASAP. :(

EviLore said:
:/

Tre, you've gone too far. Gonna have to take action.
:O :O Shortest mod time ever.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Seems like a mod just got admin slapped.

You could have at least saved all Modus' awesome work for the new thread.

Anyways, new short is, as promised, fantastic. Is that the last one?

Haklong

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
You delete the original thread. Fine. Whatever. That's GAF I suppose.

But then go and replace it with this?

Exactly what I was thinking. Shit happens, nothing we can do about it. But Ghaleon and Modus put a lot of work into this thread. To have it replaced like that, with the worst review he could find is just insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom