• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "whoops" official Halo 3 thread of BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Fuck this is GAF drama right here. Tre deletes the official Halo thread that was going to the biggest thing in the history of the forum.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If this was truly an act of sabotage on Sporsk and Tre's part they should be banned from GAF. Totally irresponsible.

KBox

Pug

Hey it wouldn't GAF if many of the posts were slightly melodramtic, would it? Now what the hell is going on.

BigFwoosh

Is anyone planning on getting the game at Wal-Mart tonight? When do you think would be a good time to head up there to snag a CE? They say there's going to be multiple checkout lines, "plenty of copies," but I just wonder about all the crazies that are going to come out of the woodwork and camp out all day or whatever.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Vennt said:
I just tried to restore and instead of restoring the thread it brought up the "user bannings" page Tré...

What have you done? :/
srsly? Uh...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
speedpop said:
I agree. What the fuck is going on? Is sp0rsk in on it as well then?

I was kind of an accomplice. I didn't think he'd go as far as to hard delete the thread though.

Dai Kaiju

The mods won't go with in 3 feet of a Halo thread, but they sure don't have any trouble fucking one up. I really hope you enjoyed the 5 minutes of giggles you got from erasing hours of Gahleon's hard work.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Dai Kaiju said:
I really hope you enjoyed the 5 minutes of giggles you got from erasing hours of Gahleon's hard work.
QFT. The morning of launch?

Tieno

sp0rsk said:
I was kind of an accomplice. I didn't think he'd go as far as to hard delete the thread though.
So it's intentional?
Evilore backsup the forum, so it can easily be reverted.

squicken

What's the problem? We have google archives. Tek is staff. He can rebuild Ghaleon's OP no problem. Or we can all just wait until it magically appears in a few hours.

BTW,
I think the OP just spoiled part of Halo 3 for me. If it is what I think it is, you truly are a dick, Tek.

This blows! Ghaleon and m0dus worked really hard on that art and the OP of this thread should be edited to rebuild that "Official Halo 3 Thread" feel.

Just watched that new Blotkamp short. That was by far the best one. The Brutes looked good, there were some good action moments, that was by far the best short so far. Good day for it too. At this time tomorrow I'll be FINISHING THE FIGHT!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Dai Kaiju said:
The mods won't go with in 3 feet of a Halo thread, but they sure don't have any trouble fucking one up. I really hope you enjoyed the 5 minutes of giggles you got from erasing hours of Gahleon's hard work.

It's all saved in text format. It can be restored. Stop freaking out, people. It's just the Internet.

or

OMG WTF BBQ

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
sableholic said:
... You have to have daily sql backups.

We used to, but the forum started fucking up after a while so we stopped doing them way before even E3.

Calcaneus

Well, that sucks. It was such an awesome thread. Glad we still have the google archive. Now someone can go to work on fixing this.

Anyways, on the topic of Halo (durr), I heard the needler has returned to glory. How true is this?

FrankT

It's all fun and games until someones gets hurt. Changing the thread title a half a dozen times should not equal thread deletion. Better be some sick joke.

bj00rn

Banned
What the frecking fruck...

Well, there's a couple of things that make me believe this is a prank. First off, who the hell doesn't backup their databases... Second, it makes no sense starting off a new thread righ off the bat with some sour odd negativity (Referring to the "reviews" in the first post), I mean, what the fuck.

Oh well...

Falagard

Yeah, GAF admins, let's get the original thread back somehow. There were dozens of great posts by Stinkles and Luke, not to mention all the work Ghaleon, Modus, Tieno and the rest put into that thread.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh boy...Tom's writeup as a sticky on NeoGAF, somehow I don't think this was the intended audience for the piece.

Or maybe it was...

negitoro7

speedpop said:
Only a month or so.. but he's been around for ages.
Yeah I just looked up his post history and see that he's been around for a while. Funny the first post I've ever seen of his was this thread's opening post... I would've thought he's a troll if not for his (former) red username.

He got a little too excited with his newfound mod status huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom