• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Wedbush) November NPD Preview & OFFICIAL Prediction thread

GhaleonEB

lix2k3 said:
But seriously, aren't NPD numbers released on the second Thursday. Today is the first Thursday of the month....anyone????
The retail calendar, which NPD follows, uses a 4-4-5 week pattern for each quarter to enable comparisons of similar periods during the year (same number of weekends, days, etc.). This NPD month covers the four weeks ending November 25. December will be a 5-week month.

Less than three hours until data is released. Impact....coming.....soon....

Razoric

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The retail calendar, which NPD follows, uses a 4-4-5 week pattern for each quarter to enable comparisons of similar periods during the year (same number of weekends, days, etc.). This NPD month covers the four weeks ending November 25. December will be a 5-week month.

This NPD is going to be fairly obvious IMO. December NPD is going to be the fun one. Someone make a video for that.

GhaleonEB

Razoric said:
This NPD is going to be fairly obvious IMO. December NPD is going to be the fun one. Someone make a video for that.
Did you see the graphs with the prediction ranges a few pages back? There's a wide spread, especially for 360. Wii and PS3 we have a decent feel for already, but the PS3 number is still a bit of a wildcard.

lix2k3

GhaleonEB said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Razoric

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Did you see the graphs with the prediction ranges a few pages back? There's a wide spread, especially for 360. Wii and PS3 we have a decent feel for already, but the PS3 number is still a bit of a wildcard.

So this is just mainly for 360? I guess there will be suicides if 360 is under 500k, but other than that there are really many surprises. Maybe Gears of War and Final Fantasy 12... oh and if Resistance comes in under 100k. :lol

mj1108

Square2005 said:
Let's hope there's no delay or recall like last year...

I wonder if the PS3 numbers will be "mysteriously missing" just like PSP numbers were a year ago for several months.

mj1108 said:
I wonder if the PS3 numbers will be "mysteriously missing" just like PSP numbers were a year ago for several months.
Well, the NPD scaled-up X360 figures too high last November thus the recall, IIRC.

GhaleonEB

Square2005 said:
Well, the NPD scaled-up X360 figures too high last November thus the recall, IIRC.
They pulled everything in a bit that month. Nothing major, a few thousand units each. I think they attributed it to a formula error.

90 minutes and counting.

Razoric said:

December NPD will be like a bitter fanboy rematch.lol Coincidentally, a new Rocky movie debuts shortly.

I want Amused_to_Death to post the figures cuzz he gives exact figures while bunkum gives greater than/less than approximates.
Anyone heard from him lately...?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Square2005 said:
I want Amused_to_Death to post the figures cuzz he gives exact figures while bunkum gives greater than/less than approximates.
Anyone heard from him lately...?

I wouldn't mind him happening to hop on the forum later myself~

GhaleonEB

Markster said:
90 minutes later....
Right. And now it takes 30-60 minutes to hit GAF. :lol

As fate would have it I leave for a post-op appointment in 40. I'll probably get online a few hours after the carnage begins. :(

Arsenal

Whoever posts should just post the numbers - no names connected with them. We can figure it out from there :lol

maynerd

Banned
Will the actual numbers be posted in here? This is after all a Preview and prediction thread...will there be just an NPD thread?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
maynerd said:
Will the actual numbers be posted in here? This is after all a Preview and prediction thread...will there be just an NPD thread?

I hope someone makes a new thread so we can avoid any heart attacks.

Should I start asking for Tales of the Abyss 2nd month numbers? :p

I'll check in 1-2 hours, come on, I want them before I go to sleep (22:45 10:45pm already here) :)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
DSN2K said:
Wii 550K
DS 850K
PS3 180K
360 650K
PSP 250K

Damn it, don't post this shit during the time it's supposed to come without saying if this is a guess or not.

Foil

316669006_4c75229916.jpg

KINGMOKU

Man, cmon drop hints! I have to leave in about 20minutes. I want to at least see the initial waves of destruction hit tiny U.S.S GAF.:(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sonycowboy: I'm sure microsoft is in complete shock right now.

Everyone on gaf: AHHHHH

Top Bottom