• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Teamxbox members hate GAF

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Pud said:
Crackerman16
Banned
(Today, 03:45 AM)

I'm guessing he shouldn't have kept coming back and complaining in this thread :lol
But now he's gonna go back to TXB and tell them that GAF hates all things Microsoft.

:(

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I wonder if Crackerman was masturbating while making those posts. The praise hes probably expecting to get on TXB would even an impotent man rock solid.

In summary...

Crackerman:
ihateu.jpg

GAF:
gtfo.jpg

Crackerman:
iamded.jpg

(Alright, I'm done posting pictures of cats for a while.)

jaypah

yeah that place is wacko. not like us here, rite? RITE?! seriously, they need help but GAF could tone down the 'elitist' attitude sometimes. i mean.....at the end of the day we're still discussing videogames.

oh, and no sigs FTW.

black_13

Banned
...and yet I always see members of TXB copy-pasting threads from GAF over there. Heck there were days where I just visited TXB forums and it was practically like visitng GAF but with the green outline.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
We`re not elitest. We just KNOW we`re better than them. I mean, knowing yourself isn`t a crime, is it?

jaypah

TheTrin said:
We`re not elitest. We just KNOW we`re better than them. I mean, knowing yourself isn`t a crime, is it?

see, when you take the time to explain it it doesn't sound so bad.

Mar

I have a feeling a lot of those guys used to be on GAF, but they got banned and never got over it.

I got banned once. That's when I knew this forum was a keeper. Because it doesn't stand for bullshit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jaypah said:
see, when you take the time to explain it it doesn't sound so bad.

It`s important to put things into perspective.

Example: TXB is full of clowns. Clowns are scary. Herego, GAF must be safe and fun.

See?

DSN2K

GAF is shit hole also, just I dont consider it on the same level of teamxbox, GAF transcends the typical fanboy rubbish its gone beyond that.

Gaf is the industry's waste extraction.

jaypah

TheTrin said:
It`s important to put things into perspective.

Example: TXB is full of clowns. Clowns are scary. Herego, GAF must be safe and fun.

See?

well....this place IS devoid of scary clowns. Trin, i'd like to buy your rock....

AntoneM

BTW, how do you guys all like your gamespot memberships that you had to sign up for in order to register on GAF.

I'm sure we all fell for it since none of us have been here for more than 3 years.
oh TBX (or any other forum) you crack me up :lol :lol :lol

Sony sucks because they can't make a console in this generation that matches the 360's price performace ratio

Microsoft sucks since all they did was increase the ability of the hardware to make prettier games, no real innovation

Nintendo sucks since they can't make a true next gen console and are having a hard time manufacturing Gamecube++'s.

Lulz, I'm a hater

Pud

Banned
max_cool said:
BTW, how do you guys all like your gamespot memberships that you had to sign up for in order to register on GAF.

I'm sure we all fell for it since none of us have been here for more than 3 years.
oh TBX (or any other forum) you crack me up :lol :lol :lol

Sony sucks because they can't make a console in this generation that matches the 360's price performace ratio

Microsoft sucks since all they did was increase the ability of the hardware to make prettier games, no real innovation

Nintendo sucks since they can't make a true next gen console and are having a hard time manufacturing Gamecube++'s.

Lulz, I'm a hater

What kind of hater are you? You didn't QUITE get it right!

Sony sucks because they can't manufacture a mass market console anymore.
Micro$oft (note the dollar sign) sucks because they can't even manufacture a console properly.
And Nintendo just sucks.
insert derogatory graphics and waggle comment here

How hard to we have to try to live up to TXB's perceived reputation of GAF, anyway? :lol

miyuru

I love GAF, but it's the only forum I post on, so I wouldn't know any better.

I can't say anything about TXB because I don't post there, but from reading that thread, some of the posters are very misinformed - for example, there's a lot of 'veterans' here.

Either way, I think what's happening is that both forums are great in their own right. Individual posters most likely prefer whichever forum they post on, and in turn, find it hard to accept other forums as different rather than crappy.

The fact that our existence spawned a hate thread is pretty funny though, we must be really popular. C'mon TXB, you know you love us :)

thetrin

jaypah said:
well....this place IS devoid of scary clowns. Trin, i'd like to buy your rock....

First one`s free, pardner!

AntoneM

Pud said:
What kind of hater are you? You didn't QUITE get it right!

Sony sucks because they can't manufacture a mass market console anymore.
Micro$oft (note the dollar sign) sucks because they can't even manufacture a console properly.
And Nintendo just sucks.
insert derogatory graphics and waggle comment here
You're right, I'm a terrible hater, but I'm a terrific lover.... oh lord I just realized that what I just typed sounded like a total pick-up line, but I'm too lazy to edit it and I really want to make a post or something. (I blame the RedHook IPA)

but seriously, I'm a GREAT lover

thetrin

briefcasemanx said:
Do I smell another forum on forum Halo 2 battle?

Oh god. We`re going to get smoked again, aren`t we?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TheTrin said:
Oh god. We`re going to get smoked again, aren`t we?

The only one that I know about is with the forum whose name we shall not utter, but we won. Did we have another one with a different forum and get smoked?

xaosslug

Wario64 said:
Remember that time when some Teamxbox mod made some rumor about Halo 2 being released early, made a fake website then posted it on the forum where gullible TeamXbox members bought it? Then a few members here on GAF exposed it on their forum and they (Teamxbox mods) got pissed?

And I'm IP banned from Teamxbox forums anyway, haha. Oh no, where am I gonna get my noooz now.

and then they tried (badly, and phailed) in their attempt flip-the-scrip and make like GAF made the site, etc... That entire foiled play at, what, pwnd'n their own board members (?) was HILARIOUS. :lol

I'd ban anyone that says "Whats that in dollars?" whenever there's a PS3 Euro price thread, and then there's a "WOW" because the exchange rate is high.

I don't know if they do it because they don't understand, or because they want to show it's "expensive", or they just want to piss me off but I'd ban them, we all know Europe is expensive!

GAF has changed a lot over the past couple years....xbox was the ugly stepsister and was treated badly here for a very long time....hell, even 360 had to put up with crap until xmas 2006 due to its low(BS) monthly sales. Now that xmas is over and ps3 numbers are even lower it appears GAF has finally given 360 a pat on the back.

And why would a new visitor to GAF think it was a Sony heaven? I mean its not like we have a mod named Sonycowboy or anything.

oh wait....

Oh, and how can we bad mouth teamxbox forum users? Afterall Shane at 1up called us gaffers the dicks...right?

gth

Neo Member
travisbickle said:
I'd ban anyone that says "Whats that in dollars?" whenever there's a PS3 Euro price thread, and then there's a "WOW" because the exchange rate is high.

I don't know if they do it because they don't understand, or because they want to show it's "expensive", or they just want to piss me off but I'd ban them, we all know Europe is expensive!

Fully agree. Also I don't understand whats so hard on typing "600 euros to dollars" into google.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
briefcasemanx said:
The only one that I know about is with the forum whose name we shall not utter, but we won. Did we have another one with a different forum and get smoked?

No we didn't.....

It was two matches and the first which we did win wasn't officially GAF vs. "unamed forum" but the second match was the official match between GAF and said forum and we lost. Honest opinion is that TXB would cream GAF in any Halo competition.

Teamxbox the site and forums are both jokes.

I mean really having negative sony/Nintendo news on the front page....when you are supposed to be only an xbox site?

classy.

Xdrive05

Teamxbox isn't THAT bad, you guys. At least the OTL isn't (more personality than our OT). The GXD is, of course, fanboi haven #1. But once more, what in the hell do you really expect?

Community-wise, it's a better forum than this one imo. GAF only wins because of the site traffic and the photoshops threads. :p

BUT... there's a more important reason for why TXB hates GAF. Does anyone remember the H4tch Halo 3 campaign hoax that GAF busted?

Defuser

Xdrive05 said:
Teamxbox isn't THAT bad, you guys. At least the OTL isn't (more personality than our OT). The GXD is, of course, fanboi haven #1. But once more, what in the hell do you really expect?

Community-wise, it's a better forum than this one imo. GAF only wins because of the site traffic and the photoshops threads. :p

BUT... there's a more important reason for why TXB hates GAF. Does anyone remember the H4tch Halo 3 campaign hoax that GAF busted?
Ever went to the other console discussion forum? It's a Sony trollfest and xbox denials

Bodom78

I agree with the thread, NeoGAF is slowly going downhill in terms of a gaming community forum and the ban system is poorly implemented.

Photoshop threads are great though.

travisbickle said:

Poor baby, does talking about the price of your little Sony God Box make you unhappy? Not everyone has a currency calculator tabbed in their browser.

Dunpeal

Banned
I gotta say that mods around here are a bit too strict and many times have what it seems to be an inconsistent way of judging posts.

I've been banned for things that could only be seen as harmfull for someone that really is into one of the consoles, soo far into that it can barelly take a joke.

But aside from that, this forum is a blast, and the OT is the shit.

In all fairness, the internet is a complete and utter shithole in general.

Heck, in general, humanity is a complete and utter shithole.

Haunted

Pureauthor said:
In all fairness, the internet is a complete and utter shithole in general.

Heck, in general, humanity is a complete and utter shithole.
You're such an optimist today.

Top Bottom